5

It was somewhat funny that as every day passed, Jungkook found himself becoming more and more miserable. He couldn't really help it anymore; god knows he'd tried to keep his mood up, but it was proving to be quite difficult.

Just staring at the white tiled walls of the bathroom as the spray from the cheap shower-head roughly hit his chest brought his already sour mood down a couple more notches. Being trapped there was misery.

Even his mind hadn't been wrapping around things properly after he had opened up about what kind of home life he had come from. Sure, it had been just the day before, but for some reason he found that last night was the worst night he'd had since he had arrived there.

Jungkook had felt as though he should have been scared, nervous, or even guilty; but he wasn't. He just spent the majority of the night staring at the amber tinted ceiling, emotionless. It normally would have been nerve-wracking, but even the change he was going through didn't seem to affect his empty mindset. It was like everything had gone silent- save for the curious thoughts that would poke and prod at the blank slate every once and a while.

Every time he would glance over at the blonde boy as he was sleeping would trigger one of the thoughts that wiggled its way into the teen's mind, tearing him away from the dazed state that he'd been in. Yoongi was nineteen; meaning he could sign himself out of this place and leave- never to return. So why was he still here? Jungkook knew very well that if he had been given the opportunity to check himself out of hell he would take it. So why hadn't Yoongi?

Turning the crappy metal knob to shut off the shower was even proving to be quite difficult today, which earned a frustrated sigh from the teen as he fumbled with the slippery object. After a few painful minutes of attempting to turn that stupid knob, Jungkook finally managed to shut off the flow of water and in return, the pipes moaned loudly.

"What a wonderful place." The teen muttered, a passive aggressive smile making its way onto his features as he stepped out of the shower and onto the cold tile floor. It was twice now that he'd done that, and twice now that he'd grabbed one of the tiny, white towels that rested on the back of the toilet. Twice too many times.

The quiet knocking on the door brought Jungkook's attention from the towel that hung loosely from his fingertips to the metal door that separated him from who he assumed was Yoongi. He stared at the door for a while, debating on whether or not he even wanted to leave the warmth that the bathroom provided.

"Ah...Jungkook, could you hurry? I have to use the bathroom." The blonde's raspy voice snapped the teen back to reality and the harsh gaze that he was holding towards the door faltered. He fumbled with the towel in his hands and began drying himself off quickly so that he could change and exit the small room.

"Yeah, just one minute, sorry." Jungkook slid on his boxers, the material clinging to his slightly dampened skin. There was a hum of acknowledgment from the other side of the door and the younger teen paused, his gaze catching onto the metal mirror. His cheek was bleeding; most likely from him messing with the cut before his shower.

Groaning quietly, the dark haired boy slid on his sweatpants and tossed his shirt over his shoulders lazily before grabbing a bit of toilet paper off of the roll that was resting on the floor next to the porcelain bowl and pressing it to the reopened wound.

When Jungkook finally opened the door, Yoongi had his hand raised as if he was about to knock again; but upon seeing the younger boy step out of the way, his hand fell to his side. He entered the bathroom slowly muttering what sounded like a small thank you.