7

Once again, the familiar white ceiling and walls screamed loudly in contrast to the dull glow the light fixture, which was placed in the center of the white abyss, gave off. The tiny phrases that littered the cleanness were hardly noticeable at the moment, and for a second, he almost felt as though he were at home. Almost.

Jungkook shut his eyes and released a quiet sigh- the pain had begun to leave his fuzzy head and it felt euphoric to finally be able to focus. The idea of sleep was still quite far from his main concern, although he had to admit, it didn't sound too bad at this point.

The only thing prohibiting him from finally dozing off was curiosity- something that had been prodding at his mind ever since Yoongi and Hoseok had left the room.

Opened Opened Opened

The word repeated itself silently in the back of his head.

Jungkook was no idiot; he had connected the dots the minute the pair had left. The only reason he wouldn't admit the things that were going on was that he refused to come to terms with it. It was too upsetting.

He had known that Yoongi was probably hurting himself, but part of him believed that there was still a sliver of hope in there somewhere. He didn't want to seem entirely dismal.

"Were you messing with them again?"

The teen rubbed his cheeks gently and rolled onto his side, as he had done that night, eyes trailing over the area where the blonde boy had been sleeping peacefully just hours before. He chewed on his bottom lip before he caught a glimpse of something in his peripheral vision.

His attention halted immediately and his gaze quickly moved over to the top of the dresser where Yoongi's notebook lay. How had he not noticed the angry red cover sooner? Ideas began coming to life in his mind as he stared absentmindedly at the journal.

Jungkook's eyes moved to the door as the heavy echo of footsteps in the hall came into range of the room- the soft pats that he had heard moments before turning into violent taps against the linoleum surface.

Rounds, right?

The metal door opened and a man that he didn't know stepped in, glancing at the teen for a long moment. "Are you new?" Voice monotone and gruff, the man checked Jungkook's slot on the clipboard, earning a slow nod from said boy. "So you're rooming with this kid?"

"Yoongi."

"Yeah. How is he? Has he talked yet?"

Jungkook hesitated, apprehension filling his senses. So it was certain, Yoongi hadn't been speaking.

"Yes, actually. He spoke to me when I first came. Was he not talking before?" The man in the doorway leaned on the frame, tapping the wooden clipboard that rested in his larger hands.

"Probably shouldn't be talking to you about this but no, he hadn't. He came two weeks ago I think- and he didn't speak to anyone but Jin. Apparently the poor kid was beat up pretty bad when he was dropped off. Signed himself in. He's one of the sadder stories here, honestly. I'm really surprised he spoke to you on your first day. I mean, I never talked to him, but the other guys talk about him quite a bit."

"Maybe because I'm his roommate?" Jungkook paused for a quick moment, "If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by 'beat up'?"

The man visibly bit his cheek before his shoulders rolled in a dismissive way- clearly he didn't care much for patient confidentiality.