VOWELS!

Hi, guys! Welcome back to Learn Your Grammar! Today's topic; VOWELS!

(I know it's a Tuesday, by the way, but I wasn't able to update yesterday since I was busy dealing with the cursed Stomach Flu.)

So, let's begin, shall we?

First of all, these are your vowels: A, E, I, O, and U. Sometimes Y, depending on the pronunciation of the word it's used in. Vowels are determined as vowels because they are open. This means that they have a more opened sound to them; less tight and restricted, they almost flow off your tongue when you pronounce them. This is because a vowel is a speech sound that is produced by comparatively open configuration of the vocal tract, with vibration of the vocal cords but without audible friction and is a unit of the sound system of a language that forms the nucleus of a syllable. 

Vowels are very common in the English language (Duh. I just used 286 vowels in the 175 words before that number. And plenty more in just these two post-sentences). They make up a majority of the noises we make to convey a thought in our way of communicating. 

So, to conclude, vowels are the opened-up letters we use to speak in the English language. The letters representing the vowels' sounds are A, E, I, O, and U (As I said, sometimes Y). Whoever can tell me when Y counts as a vowel in the comments below will get an honorable mention in the next chapter (I'll only mention the first three correct answers. No P.M., please. Just the comments. My P.M. Is reserved for texting close friends and receiving suggestions on my stories).

Thanks, guys! See you next Monday, and hopefully I can help you Learn Your Grammar! ;)

~Viupcake