Then and Than

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First of all, an honorable mention to @SapphireTheEvil!

You should check out their stories!
My personal favorite from them is "Fifteen", their journal, which is inspired by Taylor Swift's song that calmed them down when starting high school. (I can relate.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now then, on to the learning!
So, today's lesson is about "then" and "than", which I have seen so many people mix up. Honestly, this is another one of my pet peeves when it comes to English or writing.

 So, the difference is that "then" refers to time, or sequence.
For example,
"I'm going to the store, then I'm going to get milk." 

"Than", although similar, is not the same thing. "Than" refers to the second element in a comparison. 
A good sentence to show this would be, "She is shorter than her friends."

So, no, "I like strawberry more then vanilla" is not grammatically correct. "I like strawberry more than vanilla" is the correct way to say it. 

So, remember, when you're writing a story, "then" and "than" are not the same and do not have the same meanings.

Thank you all for reading! I hope you learned something new today. 
Now go kick some buttocks in your English classes and wow your teachers, guys! Bye till next Monday!

-Viupcake