Chapter 6-Trouble

Logan's P.O.V.

"Hey Carter" I said as I set my stuff down before sitting down next to him.

"Yo bro" he said. "So are you and Hayley done with whatever you two have been fighting about or do I gotta give her the stink eye?" He joked. Shit, I haven the told him yet!

"About that..." 

"Alright everybody! Settle down" Hayley said. Wow... great timing, bitch. She kept going on with what she was saying, but I gave up on paying attention.

"So what about you two?" Carter whispered. When Hayley became busy hooking her laptop up to the projector I turned to face Carter.

"She broke up with me two weeks ago, dude" I said. He gasped.

"THAT BITCH!" He said far too loudly. I could see everyone holding in their laughter except for one person. Hayley.

"Carter! Out in the hall right now!" She said, fuming with anger. 

"Oops" he said, clearly embarrassed before rushing out to the hallway. Hayley gave me a wtf look before going back to what she was doing. I was debating on whether or not paying attention and then my phone buzzed. 

Carter:SO SHE BROKE UP WITH YOU?!?

Me:Yeah, she was jealous and thought I was gonna dump her for Lynn. Which wasn't true.

Carter:Wait, Lynn who? Have I met her? 

Me:I don't think so...

Carter:She isn't another teacher is she??? 😏

Me:No, she's just a friend. She goes to our school, but she's a junior

"Logan, since you don't seem to intent on listening you can going Carter in the hall" she said. I was startled for a second because everyone was looking at me. 

"Sorry, Ms. Williams" I said quietly before getting up and going to the hall. I sat next to Carter up against the lockers. 

"You got in trouble too?" He asked surprised.

"Yeah because you kept texting me" I laughed. 

"Well I'm sorry I'm such a rebel" he said sarcastically. "So spill the tea" he said.

"What?" I asked.

"Like, with you and Hayley. What's that whole sitch? And why didn't I know about this?" He asked.

"Well... Hayley thought I wanted to be with Lynn and said she didn't want to fight to have our relationship anymore. Which, I pointed out wasn't a fight in the first place, but she used the excuse that I should be with people my own age" I rambled on. "It's such bullshit. So yeah I cried my eyes out and Lynn was there so we've been hanging out. I don't even know what I feel right now. Yesterday we kissed and it felt nice to feel liked after these past couple weeks so I kissed her back..." I trailed off. Carter looked at me wide eyed.

"No wonder Hayley was paranoid" he said.

"Dude! You're supposed to have my back" I said.

"Well yeah, but you and Hayley were together for months and two weeks after she calls it off you're already moving on to the next girl" he said.

"It's not like that" I said.

"But that's what it sounds like. I think for now... don't worry about relationships. We've only got a month left till we graduate. Maybe you should just lay low and enjoy time with friends" he said.

"Maybe you're right"

"Of course I'm right, I'm awesome" he joked. I laughed and playfully hit his arm.