Chapter 8-Telephone

Logan's P.O.V.

"What are you doing over here?" she asked. 

"I was just..." what lie could I make this time? She looked at me and concern in her features became prominent. "I'm going home" I said quickly, shoving my hands into my pockets and trying to walk as fast as possible without falling. I heard her calling after me, but I kept walking. I turned a few corners before I ended up at a bus stop bench. I took a minute to sit down and recollect myself. Everything just made me so miserable. 

Hayley's P.O.V.

"Hayley's my best friend! WE NEVER DID ANYTHING YOU JUST ASSUMED" Tay yelled.

"Well what am I supposed to think?!? You two are always hanging out behind my back and lying to my face about where you are!" Jenna yelled back. 

"You could've just asked me instead of punching me in the fucking face and then tackling me to the ground" I said bitterly.

"Then what the hell were you doing?!?" Jenna asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Remember that time we were joking around about getting married and having a shit ton of kids?" Tay asked.

"Yeah, what about it?" Jenna said, but it was clear she knew where this was going.

"I wasn't really joking... I asked Hayley to help plan everything so I could propose to you, but we never found the perfect ring. At least, when we did, we had that big fight" Tay said. 

"You didn't-"

"How many fucking times did we just tell you that we didn't. Tay has only been staying at my place because she want's to be with you, but she knows you both needed time to cool off from that argument" I said. 

"I'm sorry I accused you" Jenna said.

"I'm sorry I let that fight get way out of hand" Tay said.

"Can we... start over?" Jenna asked. Tay pulled Jenna into a big hug. While everyone else was cooing at the couple I was still miserable. If Jenna hadn't jumped on me then I wouldn't have accidentally punched Logan. I need a fucking drink... 

"Hey, have you seen- oh... never mind" I saw Carter and my eyes widened.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Same as you... They're my friends too" he said, trying to back out of the conversation.

"You need to go" I said.

"You need to chill" he commented.

"Yeah Hayles, he's just hangin" Ariel said. I sighed and started making my way to the kitchen. There was a phone ringing on the counter. I got myself a drink and the phone went off again. Continuing to ignore it until it went off for a fifth time.

"Hey, whoever you're trying to call doesn't have their phone on them right now" I said. There was silence on the other end. "Hello?" I asked. Then the call ended and then I looked at the caller id...

A/N: I know it's a short chapter, but there may or may not be some tea happening in the next couple of chapters so buckle up buttercups! Also, let me know what you think! I'm gonna try to update more often that I have. Thank you all so much with your patience with me this past year or so.

-Lolo