Chapter 15 Willow and Rye

Katniss POV

Six months later I'm in the hostpital again, in labor. Peeta at my side while I crush his hand. I'm yelling, cursing, crying. The full program. After 8 hours of labor both twins are here but right after birth I pass out. I open my eyes and see Peeta. He smiles and kisses me.

"Katniss, they're here. Willow and Rye are here." he whispers. I smile and sit up to see Haymitch holding both little babies. He hands me the boy, than the girl. The little blue bundle, Willow. My little boy and the pink bundle? Baby Rye. I know, you all thought that the girl would be Willow and the boy would be Rye but  we changed things up abit. I hold them tightly and give them both kisses. Peeta and Haymitch smile. 

"Where's Jay and Juditha?" I ask. Peeta take Rye and kisses her forehead.

"At home with dad. Its 4am." he says. I look at the clock and its really 4am. I lay back down and close my eyes. "They said they would do check ups in the morning." Great. I hate check ups.

"Alright, can I get some more sleep? I'm really tired." I say and Peeta nods. I soon after fall asleep.

Peeta POV

After Katniss falls asleep a nurse comes in and takes the babies so they can get some good sleep. I lay back in my chair and close my eyes. Again, I'm a father. Two beautiful babies. I have a son now aswell. I'll teach him so many things. How to bake, paint. Its gonna be great. The next days are full of crying, laughing, Katniss cursing. So much of Katniss cursing. After a week at the hostpital we were aloud to leave for home. Juditha and Jay were there everyday to see the little babies. My father and brother as well with Johanna. We walk inside and Katniss colapses on the couch. Haymitch and my dad are playing with Rye as I take care of Willow. As always they're hungry so we give them to Katniss. I bet its alot of fun having to breast feed two babies at once.

"Peeta, can you please make me some real to eat." she asks. I nod and walk to the kitchen. My father walks in after.

"Peeta, are you sure you can take care of three kids?" he asks. I turn and give him a look. "I don't mean that in a bad way I just want to know that if you need any help, please tell me." he says. I smile and give him a hug. Than I make 24 cheese buns and bring them to Katniss. She smiles from ear to ear. We take Willow and Rye upstairs to sleep than return to Katniss. Haymitch and dad leave as I relax with Katniss and watch TV.

"Peeta, guess what?" she asks laying her head on my shoulder.

"What?" I ask. She looks at me and smiles.

"I love you." she whispers like its a secret. I smile and kiss the tip of her nose. We sit there for a while before going to bed. About an hour later Rye and Willow are both crying. I swing myself out of bed and walk to they're room. Willow's crying really loud so I close the door and pick both up. I sit down in the rocking chair and sing quietly. A song I've heard Katniss sing when Juditha had nightmares.

Deep in the meadow, under the willow

A bed of grass, a soft green pillow

Lay down your head, and close your sleepy eyes

And when again they open, the sun will rise.

Here it's safe, here it's warm

Here the daisies guard you from every harm

Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true

Here is the place where I love you.

With that they're out like a light. I lay them back down and open the door to see Katniss smiling. 

"You can really sing. Why don't you ever sing for me?" she ask as we walk back to our bedroom. We lay back down.

"I didn't know I could sing. I never do." I say. She kisses me neck and wraps her arms around my chest.

"Thanks for taking care of them. I haven't really slept for days." she says. I cuddle with her and fall asleep. I have two new children. It really can't get better.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, Willow and Rye are here! I hope this chapter is okay.

Nikki :)