Dead bodies everywhere

Your POV

When I woke up, I was lying on the floor in a sterile white room. Groaning, I turned my head to look at my surroundings.

There were dead bodies everywhere.
Rows upon rows of bodies covered the floor of the room, some breathing roughly and moaning in pain, but most staring glassy-eyed at the ceiling, completely still.
I bolted upright and stood up, gasping in pain. I leaned against a wall for support and began looking for familiar faces among the dead (or dying) people lying on the floor. I didn't see anyone from the 104th trainee corps, or anyone from Squad Levi, so I figured they were all okay.

What the fuck happened? I thought.
I slowly made my way out of the room and towards the dining hall.

When I walked in, everyone stared. The room went completely silent, and then everyone stood up and saluted me. I raised an eyebrow. Why were they saluting? I was a trainee like them, yet they were treating me like a ranking officer.
I walked right by them, each table I passed stopped saluting and sat back down to continue eating as normal. I went straight to the Special Operations Squad table and sat down. Everyone was there except for Gunther. I figured he was in the bathroom or something.

Everyone at the table (minus Levi) stared at me in awe. It was honestly starting to get irritating.
"What are you shitheads looking at?" I snapped. Eld snorted and started laughing. Petra grinned at me. "(Y/N), do you remember what happened on the expedition?"
I frowned. "Uh, vaguely. I went with you guys into the forest as a trap for the Female Titan..." I trailed off as the memories returned. My eyes widened.
"O-oh my God." I whispered. "Gunther..."
Petra placed a hand on my shoulder and squeezed reassuringly.
"It's not your fault, (Y/N)." she said. "Besides, you saved the rest of us and killed most of the titans in the clearing. Your kill count is now even higher than Levi's!"
My jaw dropped. "Uh, I think I heard you wrong. Did you just say my kill count is higher than Captain Shorty's?"
Oluo rolled his eyes. "Tch. Don't get too cocky."
Eld smacked Oluo's chest. "C'mon Oluo, is that any way to speak to the new Lance Corporal?"

My eyes were so wide I thought they'd pop out of my head. "What the hell are you talking about?" I asked incredulously.
"Well, you proved that you're one of our best fighters. Actually, in terms of fighting titans, I'd say you're the best we've got." Levi said.
Holy shit, is Levi complimenting me? I thought.
"Don't let it go to your head, brat." he added. "I could still beat your ass in a fight."

I chuckled. "Yes sir, of course, mister captain, sir." I said sarcastically.

---

After dinner, I went to the boys dorms. I wasn't surprised to see Reiner, Bertolt, and Annie huddled in the shadows, whispering frantically. I casually walked up behind Reiner and kicked the back of his knee, making him fall over. Then I kicked him in the ribs as hard as I could. He rolled over, grunting in pain. I ground my heel into his... Ahem... area ... So that he bit back a shout of agony.

"Remind me again of the deal we made, Reiner?" I said angrily.
"I'm... sorry!" he gasped. Bertolt tried to punch me in the stomach, but I grabbed his wrist and swept him off his feet, sending him sprawling on the grass. I kicked him in the head, knocking him out. Growling furiously, I turned on Annie.

She charged at me, aiming a punch to my temple. I dodged it and tried to sweep her off her feet, but she rolled and came up behind me. She kicked me in the ribs, and I heard a disgusting crunching noise, but I was full of adrenaline so I didn't register the pain. Annie came in with another kick, but I caught her leg and spun her around so that her back was to me. I grabbed her by the neck, cutting off her air supply.
"Since you didn't keep your promise and killed someone I cared about, I have no problem turning you in to Erwin." I spat.
Annie's struggles became weaker and weaker and finally she fell unconscious.
I draped Annie's body over my shoulders and grabbed the backs of the boy's shirts and dragged them all the way to Erwin's office.
I kicked the door open with my foot, not bothering to let the Commander know I was coming in.

Erwin and Levi looked at me in shock as I dumped the unconscious bodies of the titan shifters at their feet.
"Sorry, was I interrupting something?" I said. Not waiting for an answer I continued. "Anyway, these are the titan shifters who broke the wall and killed most of our soldiers. Reiner is the Armored titan, I have no idea how you didn't notice it, his titan form looks a lot like his human form. Bertolt is the Colossus Titan. Annie here is the Female Titan, and she's even more obvious than Reiner. I would suggest confiscating her ring, because there's a hidden blade in there that she'll use to trigger her titan form."

Erwin and Levi just stared at me with wide eyes.
"How... How do you know this?" Erwin asked.

I sighed. "Well, I was hoping that it wouldn't come to this, but I guess I have to tell you. This world, and everyone in it, was created by an author names Hajime Isayama. All of you guys are fictional characters. I have no idea how I got here, but in my world, there are no walls or titans, and actually, you guys are pretty famous. A lot of people know what happens here. That's how I knew what your plan to capture Annie was, and how I knew it would fail, and how I knew that Levi's squad was in danger."

Erwin looked skeptical. "I guess we don't have any other choice but to believe you, and I think that if you were lying, you'd make up a much more believable excuse. Thank you, Lance Corporal (Y/N), for bringing these criminals to my attenti-"

"Prove it." Levi interrupted.

I groaned internally. He'd definitely hate me after this. "Are you absolutely sure you want me to say what I'm about to say?" I asked.
I saw a flicker of doubt in Levi's eyes, but he nodded.
I sighed. "Fine. You lived in the Underground. You were with your uncle Kenny Ackerman until he abandoned you to fend for yourself. You became the most wanted thug in the Underground, along with your friends... Isabel Magnolia and Farlan Church." Tears started trailing down my cheeks, but I kept talking.
"You three did jobs using stolen 3DMG, and one day you were offered a job by some rich asshole named Lobov who wanted you to kill Erwin and take some papers that were proof of Lobov's crimes. You were offered citizenship aboveground and a large sum of money, as well as a cure for your friend Jan. Soon after, you were captured by Erwin, who offered you a deal: join the Survey Corps or face charges in the hands of the Military Police. Obviously, you joined the Survey Corps. On your first expedition, you left Isabel and Farlan while you went to go kill Erwin. As you turned back, you found Isabel and Farlan's bodies. You killed the titan that ate your friends and rejoined Erwin, who had already known about your mission. And, as we can see, you decided he was worthy of following."

Levi's eyes were wide and filled with pain. "Isabel... and Farlan... They were the people you were talking about?"
I lowered my head and nodded. "Levi, I'm so-"

Levi roughly pushed past me. "I... leave me alone." he said.

He stalked out of the room, leaving me with Erwin.
"(Y/N), don't feel guilty, he just-"
I cut him off with a salute, tears flowing freely down my face. "Please excuse me, Commander." I said. I ran out of his office, straight to my room, where I immediately threw myself on the bed and cried myself to sleep.

Whoo! 1392 words, not including this author's note. Sorry for not updating sooner, but I hope you liked this chapter! Please leave comments or feedback, constructive criticism is always appreciated. 😁