I Found Myself

I'm back dear readers, albeit temporarily. I had some enlightening revelations in my quest for knowledge and I understand life a little better.

Every new ping of your cell phones, every praise you hear..It feels good, doesn't it? 

Though it shouldn't, no praise or criticism should have the power to alter your actions and evaluate your worth. 

I think we're all living in a world where patience is a lost virtue. We won't wait, our hearts won't stop racing, the blood in our veins too hot for us to comprehend, we jump, we dive, we don't think or realize.

Where are we going? To our demise? If we carry on this way we might just accelerate our own destruction. Calm down, take a breath, stop the filters on the internet, stop concealing dark bags underneath your eyes and get some rest. Stop self-induced insomnia by spending your nights online, don't carry the stress of your work into your homes.  Stop self-flagellation, stop the urge to please or antagonize the world. Stop vying for someone else's' attention when you don't have your own. Stop bowing down to the temptation of constant connection and engagement when you are not even connected with yourself and who you are.

Take days off, not to sit engrossed into your laptops and computers but to just let your mind be. To let your mind wander as you sit in the quiet, to think and ponder,  understand who you are and what you are doing, to decide where you want to go or where you want to stay. To find the patience to love yourself and others in a world without any.