"Leave My Family Alone"

This was around seven years ago in a home we'd had 'paranormal' troubles with before, including shadow people and noises. Hundred year old homes are like that.

Anyway, It was around midnight and my brother and I were fast asleep upstairs. Our parents were downstairs watching some tv show like Ghost Hunters or Ghost Adventures or something and when the episode ended they were talking about spirits and stuff. Now, the layout of the living room was like this: the tv facing the chair my father was sitting in, which is facing perpendicular to the couch my mom was sitting in. Since they were talking my dad was facing my mom, and sees the damnedest thing. As my mother is speaking, the end of the couch she is sitting on is slowly lifting itself into the air. She stops talking when she feels it happening, and less than a second later, the couch drops from about a foot in the air.

Well my dad is all into the ghost hunting stuff, so he stands up out of his chair and yells, "FUCKER, YOU WILL NOT MESS WITH MY FAMILY. LEAVE MY FAMILY ALONE YOU FUCKING BASTARD!" He continues the yelling all while walking across the living room into the den, which is the creepiest part of the house. The den just did not ever feel like a safe place, it was always cold. And sometimes I'd hear my piano in there playing random notes by itself. It had been added onto the house most recently, so I think that's why. He went in there and continued the yelling. He flipped the lights on just in time for every door in the room to slam itself shut (there were three) Immediate peace and quiet.

We never had another incident. No more shadow people, no more noises, no more creepy feelings. I guess they left or something. – Dolly_Black_Lamb