Killer Instinct

I moved onward into the forest, wind biting at our skin. My large protective suit shuffled with us, starving and cold. Skin tingling and worried, I laid down his rifle and fell straight forward. Thinking to myself, What should I do? worried we were about to die of starvation, and loading a bullet into his rifle.

"What should I do?" I screamed, voices of birds fleeing in the long distance.

"You have to move on."

"I can't, I-I just can't go on any longer, no food, no medic-"

"What did I tell you about saying that word?"

"I'm sorry, it helps me focus."

I have a severe case of schizophrenia; I had been talking to my environmental protection suit ever since I lost his medicine two weeks ago. I think I got it when my family was murdered right in front of me. I don't know who that wicked shit was, but it broke my spirit into pieces.

I have been surviving the tragedy of the bombing since it had occurred. I was in a small apartment with my mother when the hell-fire rained down. I had found the suit on a deceased worker; it had a giant hole in it, indicating a gunshot. We took no mind to it really; he just patched it up with some duct tape. I have been moving in the area for three days now; we are only 103 pounds at twenty-five years old. There it was, his chance; he saw a house still standing, looking like people were in it, but were they friendly, hostile, mutants, or perhaps the Red Cross?

"God be praised!" I yelled with excitement.

"Go into it, now!" my friend demanded.

I walked up to the house, nervous and worried. I didn't want to die. I got closer and touched the doorknob. It was soft and warm, I felt like I was at home once again. Cheerfully, I attempted to pull the door open.

"Who goes there? What's the password?" a voice out of the house said.

"Who? What? Is someone in there?" I said nervously.

"This is the house belonging to Mister and Misses McClellan, and you are a trespasser!"

"No, what are you talking about? Are they in there? Hello? HELLO?"

"No, they are not in here, they went out and I will kindly ask you to leave one more time before I contact the authorities."

"Look, buddy, I don't know what your game is but yo-"

My mind was now attacking him, his ears hurt like they were shot. It felt like blood was now running down his ears, burning like lava.

"LET US IN NOW DAMMIT OR I WILL BURN DOWN THE - AGHH!" my mind cracking like an egg. I started crying.

"Listen, sir, I am most sorry, but without the permission of the owners or the guest data permission, you are not allowed in, would you like some medical attention? I can contact the nearest paramedic services."

"No, I just need to get in! Please let me in, darkness is coming any moment!"

"I'm sorry, but you need permission to get in from either the owner or the guest data list."

I was thinking, Guest data list? I knew what was in the house now. He smirked and remembered the bugs and glitches of the "Housecat 4.2", a program for running the house necessities. He didn't notice it at first, but now hearing the house, it's a robotic voice.

"Oh, but I am on the guest list, you didn't know?"

"Really? And are you David McClellan, or John Burgan?"

"I am David, Mr. McClellans' cousin; I'm excited to see his house and his family as well!"

Good thinking, I guess you aren't as stupid or naïve as I thought you were, my mind squeaked.