4

Jin's POV
-----
My head ached as my foster mother yelled at me for not doing the dishes 'properly' last night. I was honestly so over it all. I made her dinner every night and did the dishes afterwards. I've always taken care of myself since I started living here. I've learnt to abide by her strict rules and not leave the house without her permission, not text or call after curfew and all of that. I've never really had a 'mother figure' in my life... I guess that's why I take care of my friends like a mother.

After listening to her lecture, I went to my room and called the only person I knew I could rant to. Kim Namjoon.

"Hey, what's up Jinny?" His voice had already soothed me.

"I got another lecture... this time she wouldn't shut up." I began to let out all of my frustration. "She keeps telling me that I'm not doing the dishes properly but the thing is that I'm too paranoid to leave them unclean so I check them four times just so I know for sure that they're clean and yet I'm still not doing them well enough."

"Slow down there. It's okay."

"It's really not okay..." I took a deep breath and slowly let it out. "I just want to get out of here."

"Not a bad idea..." I felt Namjoon smiling on the other side of the line.

"No! I know what you're thinking..." There was silence. I still felt the presence of his smirk.

"She would kill me, Namjoon!"

"Not if she doesn't find out."

-----

"This is such a bad idea" my whisper echoed through the silent and still house and out through my window in which Namjoon was standing.

"Come on, just jump. I'll catch you." I looked at him, unsure. "I promise"

I let go and to my surprise, he caught me. I stood safely on the grass. Namjoon took me to an abandoned building and took me all the way to the top. As we made our way up the stairs I felt scared and guilty that I had broken the rules and then the fact that we were illegally breaking into an abandoned building. We stayed there. Talking about nothing and everything. We laughed about stupid little things as we looked out onto the city filled with lights. Something else happened that night... I fell in love.

-----

Namjoon's eyes lit up like an incredible idea had wandered its way into his head. "We should go gather all the boys and hang out all night!"

"NOOOOOOO! That's a terrible idea! It's bad enough I'm out here with you let alone with five other boys."

"Come on! Who should we start with? Let's go see Tae first!"

I don't think I had a choice as I was dragged back down the millions of stairs and down a couple blocks to Taehyungs's place. I guess I gave in half way though.

We got to his place and the lights were all out and the door was unlocked... which was strange. Namjoon slowly opened the door, as suspicious as I was, and we slowly made our way down the hallway. I found the light switch and flicked it on. The light blinded me and I had to take a second to let my eyes adjust. I observed my surroundings as best I could. We had found ourselves in the kitchen. There was glass all over the floor. My eyes slowly made their way from one side of the room to the other... where I saw blood all over the floor along with the glass... and Taehyung.

I screamed. My voice cracked. Everything was going blurry. I ran to the boy, passed out and beaten on the floor. I held him in my arms and cried. I felt Namjoon's arms wrap around me and pull me out of the way.

"Call the ambulance." He said it calmly and soothingly, like everything was going to be okay.

I nodded and pulled out my phone as Namjoon picked up Taehyung's lifeless body and took him out to the front of the house. We couldn't do anything but wait for the ambulance.

We sat there, staring at Taehyung. Namjoon wrapped his arm around me and turned me around so I couldn't see Tae. I watched a glistening tear slowly roll down his cheek.

Although he was crying, Namjoon spoke reassuringly. "He's going to be okay."