5

Jimin's POV
-----
My eyes fluttered open slowly and adjusted to the light of the hospital room. I had been sleeping in an uncomfortable armchair for several hours and my neck was aching and sore in consequence. The room was quiet but light was beginning to shine through the closed blinds, indicating sunrise.

I noticed the bed next to me, remembering why I was here. I saw Taehyung's body lying on the hospital bed, covered in bandages and medical tubes. His chest slowly rose and fell with every slow and calm breath he took. He didn't deserve this.

Three days. It had been three days since I first walked into the hospital for Tae. I simply sat and waited for Taehyung to wake up from what the doctor said to be a coma. At this point, it was my life's mission to be with Taehyung when he woke up. The boys had been bringing me coffee and telling my parents that there was nothing to worry about, they stayed with me sometimes but never long enough.

I sat with my head in my hands for a while, just thinking. I looked up at the boy lying next to me again. The doctor had said that if I spoke to Tae, he would hear and understand. I hadn't done that though. I stood up and lay my hand on Taehyung's tan-skinned fingers.

"Tae" I thought I could handle speaking. I couldn't. My voice broke as I said his name and a tear slid down my cheek. I took a deep breath and tried to start again, gaining my composure. "Hey, if you can hear me right now... I just want you to know how much you mean to me, to us. We all miss you and we are spending 100% of our time thinking about you and hoping you'll wake up." I started crying again but I spoke through it. "Please know that we are here..." I knelt down and put my head into his blankets to cry. I spoke some more even though it was muffled. "Please wake up, Taehyung."

I felt my hand suddenly shift slightly. I looked up with my teary eyes and Taehyung's eyes were open.

"Tae!" I jumped to hug him but I didn't hurt him. I started crying some more. "I'm so happy you're awake."

"Me too." He spoke with a husky voice.
"I should probably get the nurse." I stood up again and wiped away a tear. I smiled at him and walked out of the room. When I left the room I took a deep, deep sigh and I couldn't stop smiling after.

-----

The boys decided to visit Tae for a couple hours, so I used that time to go home and have a shower.

I wiped off my face with a towel after my shower and I looked into the mirror. I had huge purple bags under my eyes and the rest of my face was pale. I opened the mirror shelves to get my toothbrush when I saw my antidepressants. Shit. I haven't taken them for three whole days... that's really unhealthy. I took one in hopes that I hadn't made a huge mistake.

Then I went to bed...

-----

I woke up and it was dark. I had slept 14 hours straight and I felt crap. I got up to get a glass of water. I began to walk back to my room when everything around me began to fade. Black.