10

Yoongi's POV
———
2:30am

I stared at the clock beside my bed, watching time go ever so slowly.

I heard my mother crying in the room next to me.

I felt nothing but depression. Overwhelming me. Drowning me. Killing me.

She did this almost every night now. I brought her chocolate, flowers, the lot. She would smile. I know it helped. But it wasn't enough. She was still depressed. You would be if 20 years of marriage went down the drain.

I got up from my bed and silently left my room. I passed my mother's room and paused for a second. Peering into the room, dimly lit, as my mother lay with a photo album in her hands.

I walked out of the front door and locked it behind me. Hoseok lived three blocks away from me. I made my way to his place, not knowing what else to do.

I felt the cool breeze on my cheeks and in my hair. I took in the sound of my shoes colliding with the pathway with every step. I admired the night sky, and all of the stars along with it.

In times like these, I feel like there is hope.

I went into Hoseok's backyard and up to his window. I assumed he was probably sleeping as the light was off in his room. Usually, in the romantic stories, the boy would throw rocks at the window from two stories up. Or he would climb up to the window.

Fortunately, for me, this was a one story house. I opened his window with ease and climbed right through it. I closed the window behind me and turned on the nightlight next to Hobi's bed.

He lay there, sound asleep. So calm and quiet. So at ease. I knelt down next to his bed and whispered his name repeatedly, until his eyes fluttered open.

"Yoongi?" He groaned.

I smiled. "Hey, sorry to bother you," Hoseok sat up in his bed and rubbed his eyes. "But I didn't know what else to do."

He smiled and shuffled towards the wall in his bed, he then pat the spot next to him, indicating for me to lie next to him.

I climbed in and we both lay there, silently, comfortably and happily.

———

I woke up to Hoseok's mother barging into his room, with a huge smile on her face.

"HOBI GUESS WHAT?!" She screamed in delight. She then noticed my being in the room. "Oh, hello, Min Yoongi! Nice to see you here!"

I smiled at her acceptance of my presence. She continued on her rampage of excitement. "WE WON THE LOTTERY HOSEOK WE WON THE LOTTERY!!!!"

I saw Hobi's eyes light up. "WE DID???"

I laughed as a new feeling flooded my body. It was a mixture of relief and excitement for my best friends regaining of his life.

I just wanted to get mine back together.