V.

I wake up to my alarm beeping at me again. I roll over and wipe sleep from my eyes. After saying good morning to my posters, (shhhh!) I go take a shower.

Afterwords, I put my You Mad Bro? shirt on (Amazeball picture on the side xD ) and throw my hair up. I head downstairs and get out two bowls.

I hear the door open but continue what I'm doing. I get my spoon out then my Mini Wheat. I can tell Amanda is behind me so like the amazing ninja I am, I turn around and yell "Die!" while jabbing with my spoon.

It isn't Amanda. 

It's my mom.

"Holy crap mom," I yell, the spoon clattering on the ground. I put a hand where people's hearts are. "I thought you were," I pause, gulping air. "I thought you were Amanda. Wow. That was something." 

My mom just shakes her head. "Where are the little ones?" I call out as she walks out. 

"Yeah, she came and got them last night. She came not long after you asked about going.." She trails off. The door slams shut and I turn back to my Mini Wheat's.

***

"Well if that isn't embarrassing, then I don't know what is." I just told Amanda about this morning. "Oh, and sorry about not picking you up. My alarm didn't go off. I barely made it to first hour. Nightmares kept me up all night."

I freeze. I know what nightmares she is talking about. I have them too. Not so much anymore, but when they do I wake up in a cold sweat and am unable to fall back asleep.

"So, what did your mother say?" I start. Haden is looking at me expectantly. 

"Oh, sorry. Yeah, I kind of had to lie to my mom but it is alright." I turn toward Haden and look at Amanda. "If my mom calls and asks, we are going camping together okay?" She nods. "Eavesdrop much?" I ask under my breath. Haden laughs.

The bell rings before Amanda has time to respond. "Alright, take your seats. I am going to go over the project a bit more in detail then I will let you work on your background study."

Fifteen minutes later I am on the computer talking to Amanda via gmail IM. I have my computer angled away from Haden because his name has come up a few times. 

E: Amanda, I need you to buy me condoms.

I press enter and hear Amanda gasp. I laugh.

Amanda is typing...

E: IT WAS A JOKE!!

Amanda has entered text...

Amanda is typing...

A: I was worried there for a second. what if he brings....Eliza don't do anything I wouldn't do

E: Yeah....it was a bad joke. I will use my ninja skills and chop him to pieces. then he will come live in our basement for a few days. ;)

Amanda is typing...

A: if you make food out of him then I don't want any. 

"What are you talking about?" I turn and see Haden reading our conversation.

I quickly click another tab and try to act casual. "Oh, you know. Girl stuff." I get a wicked idea. "How Amanda's period is really heavy." In my other tab it says, Amanda says... and I laugh. 

"What does that have to do with making food? I know some people like their steaks bloody, but I don't think it is that kind of blood." I slowly nod.

While trying to discretely turn my computer away, I say: "Amanda isn't able to help me move stuff when she is on her period and it is heavy like that." The awkwardness of the conversation finally processes in my head and my ears start to get hot.