VII.

"Are you ready to go?" Haden asks. Amanda is still here and hasn't stopped lecturing me about...stuff...since she (we) got over what happened enough to get me packed.

"If he tries anything there is pepper spray in your bag, and-" Amanda is whispering in my ear.

"Yes mother, thank you mother, you are the best mother. Goodbye mother." She just stares at me. I smile faintly at her and she nods.

I turn back to Haden and grab my duffle bag. "We can leave now. Unless there is something else mother needs to tell me for the fifth time?" Amanda gives me a little push and I swing my arm, catching her arm.  "Don't touch me. I have mad ninja skills."

Haden raises his eyebrows, looking at Amanda. I don't catch the look she gives him but I can assume. He nods.

"Whatever is happening right now. Are we leaving now?" I adjust my bag and we head out. Amanda stands on the porch watching us. Haden has a station wagon filled with bags. 

"You can put your stuff in the back if you want." I get in the car and put my bag behind me. I look back and see Amanda, un-moving. 

"Okay," I turn back to Haden. "Are you ready?" I nod and we head to the campsite.

***

"That doesn't look too bad, does it?" We have spent the past half hour setting up. 

"I don't think so.I have only been camping a few times, and that was in my grandparents backyard." He laughs.

"Alright. You can toss your stuff in the tent while I put some of this stuff in the car." He grabs a few of the useless bags and is soon swallowed by the trees. We arn't that far away from the car, but Haden is gone for at least five minutes.

"Okay. It is five-thirty now, so if you want we can make a fire and start supper. I have hot dogs and chips." I sit on a log.

"It doesn't matter to me what we do." He comes and sits next to me. He is so close that our arms and legs are touching. I smile.

He smirks. "There are a few things I want to do." I blush slightly and look at the ground. "Might as well start a fire. Make it a bit more romantic." I cover my face with my hands.

"Well," I say through my hands. "I guess I will go find sticks?" 

I can practically hear the smirk in his voice. "If you want to hon." I look through my hands but don't see Haden. I stand up. 

I slowly turn in a circle, then decide to go get sticks. If he wants to disappear, then I will too. 

I head perpendicular to the tent and start picking up small sticks. After my arms are full, I head back to the campsite.

Just before I step into the small clearing someone grabs me from behind. I shriek and drop all the sticks. I try to jab the person with my elbow but am quickly spun around and backed up to a tree.

Haden grabs my arms and holds them above my head. We are less then an inch apart. "Whats wrong? Mad that I am a better ninja then you?" 

I squirm. "No, I just have to pick all those sticks up again. Thank you. Now if you will excuse me," I try to pull my hands away. 

"Why are you in such a hurry?" He tilts his head slightly and I do the same. 

"Do you know how long it takes to prepare someone? The sooner you die, the better." Haden smiles.

"Cute." He looks at my lips and I stick my tongue out at him. He looks back at me. "What are we, five? Ninjas can't be five."

"I never had a childhood because I have been ninja training since I was able to walk." He nods.

The light bulb must have turned on because his eyes light up. I frown. I start to open my mouth but get cut of by his lips.

 I try to pull away but have nowhere to go. Haden eases up on my hands and I push him away, trying to catch my breath.

"No. Just..." I push past him and start picking up my sticks. He crouches next to me picks up a stick. I move away to grab the last one. 

Putting them in a pile next to the log, I head back into the woods to gather more wood. I busy myself with getting wood, and Haden starts working on a fire.

After I drop off another armful of wood, Haden catches my arm. I stare straight ahead. "That should be enough." I nod. He lets go of my arm and I sit on one end of the log. 

It is only now that I let myself think about what happened. Twice. I put  my head in my hands and take a deep breath. I don't know. I don't know. It was nice, but I don't know. No. Not right now. Not when...

"I'm sorry."

I don't realize I said that out loud until Haden says, "What?"

"Oh, umm.. I said I'm sorry. I..." I trail off, not sure what to say. "Its just..."

"Hey," He comes and sits next to me. "You don't have to apologize. It was my fault. I should have known better then to do that this soon." I look at him, and smile.

"No. It's not your fault. I just was surprised." I look down, embarrassed.  "All honesty, that was my first real kiss. I know," I take a deep breath. "It isn't something I care to admit but..." I pause, hoping he will jump in and say something, but he stays quiet. "Sorry," I say with a nervous chuckle. "I know it's kind of pathetic.  I do like you though." 

My face face feels like it is on fire. I cover my cheeks and pull my knees up. I hear a slight rustle and feel Haden put his arm around my shoulder. I lean into him.

"Everything will work out. It always does." We sit there for a few minutes before Haden gets up and starts making a fire. 

 I get up and retrieve my phone from my bag in the tent. I have one text message, from Amanda. How is everything going?

I sum up what happened and get a reply within seconds. WHAT??? I smile. Yeah, I know. She says, So are you two going out now or... I look over at Haden crouched over a pile of sticks. I open my snapchat and take a picture of him and send it to Amanda.

I get a picture of Ross from Hatfilms in reply, witht he caption: This is my boyfriend. He is waay cuter ;)

"What is so funny?" I jump. Haden is looking at me, a lopsided grin on his face.

"Amanda and her imaginary boyfriend are back together again." I tilt my phone up and take a picture of Haden.

"Hey, I saw that." He gets up and I toss my phone behind me. 

I put my hands up in defense and scramble toward my phone. He jumps over the log and grabs it. He points the phone at me and, after a second, starts typing.

I stand up and try to grab my phone. "NO. That is my phone." He turns and bends at the waist. 

"Just give me a second." I try to grab the phone but he turns and runs. I chase him around the tent before droping to my knees. I hear branches snaping and peek over the tent. He is heading into the woods.

I follow him, trying to keep him in sight. He stops and I grab his arm. He is looking foreword, in awe, and I follow his gaze to a cabin.

He found the cabin.