Chapter 9 Surprise Birthday Present

We arrived back home a couple days ago and it has been terrible, the only thing that keeps me going is the thought of talking to Natasha. Today is my birthday and I'm officially seventeen, the only people that seem to care are Ian and Dianna. My mom, dad, and sister all gave me a beating to show how much they cared. Natasha or any of them haven't called or texted yet, but it's still early, it's only noon. Tomorrow school starts and I begin my junior year. I really won't be seeing Ian because of school, just holiday's and the occasional Friday night. Dianna is going to college out of state and leaves tomorrow and I will only see her on holidays. Right now, me, Dianna, and Ian are in Dianna's room eating pizza to celebrate my birthday.

Ian raises a slice of pizza and says, "This one goes out to not only my cousin, but best friend, one of the greatest people I know. Happy seventieth birthday man, I love ya." Dianna raises her slice and says, "To my favorite person in the world, happy birthday sis. I love you Harles." I raise my slice in the air and we tap the slices together then take a bit. Once we finish two boxes of pizza and several two-liter bottles of soda a couple of hours have past. Dianna reaches under her bed and gives me a present. I take the present and open it. It's a new pair of blue converse and six months' worth of dance lessons. I find seventy-fifty bucks in one of my shoes. "I know it's not much, but I know how you love to dance and needed a new pair of shoes. I also gave you some money for just in case" Dianna says. "Thanks Dianna, I love you too" I say smiling and pulling her into a hug. When I release her Ian hands me his present. I open it and see that it is a bunch of clothes. I also find forty bucks. Ian says, "I know how your parents are and the money is for emergencies." "Thanks man" I say. We fist bump.

My phone vibrates and smile. "Ooo is that your girlfriend" Ian asks. "Shut up man" I say opening the text. I read the text and my smile immediately disappears. "What's wrongs" Dianna asks concerned. "Natasha just texted me thanks for some fun times and good memories, but I'm straight and have a boyfriend" I say. I sit down in between Dianna and Ian and click on the video. Everyone is sitting on the beach talking. "What a loser" Elise says. "I know right" says Mark. Annabel asks, "What did you even see them?" Elise says, "I don't know what was worse, that you were way out of their league and they thought they had a chance or that I had to pretend to be friends with them until you realized that you were too good for them." Everyone laughs. "I know" says Natasha, "I can't believe that I dated them either." "Good thing that you dodged that bullet" says Antonio. Natasha says, "Tell me about it." Elise raises her drink and says, "To a new start." Everyone else raises their cup and say, "To a new start." They all drink and video ends.

It is silent. Dianna and Ian look at Harley. Dianna says, "Harles-" I stands up and motions for her not to talk. Its silent for a couple more minutes. "I should have known it was too good to be true" I say. They get up and hug me. I start to cry in Dianna's shoulder. I say, "Can you guys just leave? I really want to be alone." They nod and walk out of room. I lean against the wall and slide down it crying. What did I ever do to deserve all this pain? Why does everyone hate me? I wish I had never meet Natasha or her friends. This is the worst birthday ever.

Thanks for reading.  What did you think?  What do you think is going to happen next?  Its Harley's birthday, and as normal only Ian and Dianna care.  How do you feel about Ian and Dianna?  The rest of the family?  Harley also gets a something from Natasha that took her completely by surprise.  Apparently Natasha just wanted a good time and her friends never liked her.  What did you feel about the text?  What did you feel about the video?  What do you think is going to happen next to Harley and Natasha?  If you have any suggestions or questions leave it in the comments below.  As always votes and comments are appreciated.