Chapter 13 The Truth Is Revealed

Ian says, "But nothing about Shauna." I just look at Ian and asks, "What?" Ian says, "I asked you what was going through your head right now and all you did was mention Natasha. You never once mentioned Shauna. I personally think you and Shauna need to take a break so that you can figure out your feelings, even though your feelings are pretty obvious. I also think you need to talk to Natasha." I just sigh and run my hand through my hair. Ian says nonchalantly, "Its completely obvious that you like Shauna, but love-in love with Natasha."

"Ok" I say, "So what if I'm in love with Natasha, I can't go back to her. She broke my heart and played with my feelings. I'm gonna make things with Shauna work out." "Alright" says Ian. Ian pays for breakfast and we walk out. I make sure not to be seen by any of them. We get in the car and start driving back to Shauna's. "Look you don't have to agree, but just promise to keep an open mind" Ian says. I say, "Ok." Ian says, "After I got over being mad at Natasha and her friends for what they said about you, I started to think about it." I say confusingly, "Ok....?"

Ian continues and says, "Something doesn't add up. During the summer, you two inseparable. Her friends adored you, especially Elise. The moment you leave, Natasha and her friends start bad mouthing you. That doesn't make any sense." "Lots of things don't add up or don't make sense. I was already the fool once, don't want to make that mistake again. I mean Natasha would have left me one day anyways, I mean Natasha is way out of my league. I should just feel privileged that she gave me her time of day for those couple of months" I say.

We arrive at Shauna's house. I stop Ian from getting out. He looks at me. "Don't mention any of this to Shauna" I say. Ian says, "Ok." We get out of the car and walk inside. Ian walks to another room. I see Shauna pacing back and forth. "Hey" I say. Shauna stops pacing and turns to face me. She walks over to me and throws her arms around my neck. She starts to cry into my shoulder. I pull her closer. "I'm sorry" I whisper. Once Shauna stops crying she says, "Don't ever scare me like that again."

"I'm sorry" I say again. We walk over to the couch and I sit. Shauna sits in my lap and holds me close. Shauna asks, "What happened last night?" I went to get drinks and everyone was gone. I went looking for you and ran into my ex/first love. I had a panic attack and ran home. Ya, that would go over well and besides, the past is in the past, it's now time to focus on the future. I say, "When I came back with the drinks, everyone was gone. I went looking for you and I thought I say my sister. I just ran out of there."

Shauna pulls me in for a hug. "I forgive you" she says, "Just next time, send a text." I nod my head yes. "We had an emergency, we were in the bathroom" says Shauna. I shake my head and says, "Of course, the one place I didn't check." Shauna laughs and says, "Of course." We sit in silence for a few minutes. "I love you" says Shauna. I look at her and smile. Shauna says, "Before I forget, me, you, Ian, and the girls are doing something this weekend. It's a surprise." I say, "Ok."

Thanks for reading.  What did you think?  What do you think is going to happen next?  We discover that Harley is in love with Natasha.  How do you feel about that?  Also that Harley will not get back together with Natasha.  How do you feel about that?  Ian states that something doesn't add up about that summer.  Do you agree or disagree?  Why?  Harley doesn't mention Natasha to Shauna and instead says it was her sister.  Harley lied about who she ran into to Shauna.  How do you feel about that?  If you have any suggestions or questions, leave it in the comments below.  As always votes and comments are appreciated.