"Turtle Men"

( please play video I found it very fitting while I was writing this :3 )

It was a cold day today. The atmosphere of the library had changed with the weather but that was just a small detail. You weren't even sure if you'd ever come back here again, it's not like you visited libraries much in the first place anyway.

Pushing the small stack of books you had previously signed out you felt a little disappointed. All that trouble and you still couldn't find anything conclusive. The librarian was now staring you down with her mysteriously cold eyes. She exuded the energy of a snake somehow. Something about that just made you nervous to your gut but in this instance, you were afraid that you had somehow annoyed her by returning all these books so soon. Hesitantly, you were about to ask if anything was wrong but quickly closed your mouth when she had cut you off. "I believe I have a book that may help you" she spoke first. Stunned, you were about to question her but was cut off again by the sound of paper sliding on the desk. She slid you a slip of paper before quickly grabbing your books and putting them on a cart beside her. When did she have time to even write that? You were brought back to reality by her tapping the desk with a long and well-filed nail.  You looked back up to meet her eyes yet all she said was "this, will give you the answers for what you search." before turning away and wheeling the cart of books away.

Confused but intrigued, you took the paper and saw the title of a book and where it was located. Everything from the library to its librarian had such a strange vibe that you just couldn't quite name yet it was all very alluding. The rush of mystery excited you, scared you but also made you feel as though you had to be here. Trusting the snake-like woman, you began searching for the book. The search had led you to the third level and standing in front of older-looking books. Looking through the various shelves you found a familiar-looking title and pulled the thick book off its place. It weighed heavy in your hand. Just by looking at it, you could tell it was written at a year much earlier than today's yet it looked well taken care of like it hadn't been touched since it's day of purchase. The spine was strong and the pages were smooth and fresh. Some strange feeling had ignited in you just from inspecting it. It felt.. good. It felt bound by the rules of another world..

Or something.

The title of the book read "Invited By Time." It held no author and its cover was a plain navy blue with etchings of gold vines around it. To say the least, it was different from any book you'd ever come across. Opening its cover you were met with a short legend of the book's contents. At first glance, they hadn't made any sense to you but one of the titles had caught your eye and caused you to audibly let out a small gasp. "Turtle Men." It had read. Usually, when others are overcome by the satisfaction of finding something they searched so long for, they lunge at it in excitement. But you were too shocked, too scared to continue any further. You closed the book without another word and stood bewildered for a moment. Had she really known this is what I was looking for? You swallowed your nervous spit and began walking down the stairs, hugging it close to you. You didn't even realize how tight you had been holding it as you went.
Would this really answer your questions?

The library had now seemed emptier than before now that you made it back down to the first level. Shrugging it off as a side effect of its huge size and quiet atmosphere, you took the book to the front desk. Arriving there however you felt a bit awkward. There was no one here. You stood and looked around, trying to see if you could find the librarian. Maybe she's still putting those books away. It was a large library so it would probably take her a while to put away and organize everything. Realizing that, you sat down on some nearby seats and began waiting for her return. After all, you couldn't sign the book out without her since her sign-out binder wasn't at the desk either.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Apr 24, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Ghost X Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें