Numb

Megan

"Megan I don't think you should be driving while you're so angry" Sara said worriedly.

Megan ignored her younger sister and pulled out of the parking lot. "I'm not angry I'm upset!  I'm upset that this morning the fucking news informed me that my baby sister was beat up by some fucking assholes last night and her girlfriend didn't even bother to tell me! What the fuck!" Megan screamed

"Megan quiero manejar" Sara said seriously. "Get in the back seat. I already texted  Wolfe and told her to meet us at the hospital when she gets back this afternoon. Nisrina was at Sofia's and she just told me that she's ten minutes away"

Megan listened to her sister with a sob and sat in the back seat. She's so scared.

"What if Lauren shuts us out again? Remember how she was when I first got them back?"

Flashback

"Wolfe where's Lauren? Where do you think she could be? I've looked everywhere!" Megan asked her younger sister as she threw her keys on the kitchen table.

This is the fifth time Lauren has run away since Megan got her back only a week ago. No matter how many times Megan tries to be strict with her, Lauren just keeps running away.

Wolfe shrugged, looking up at her older sister with wide eyes. "She'll be back when she's ready"

"She's not even speaking to me! The only thing she does is cry and she won't tell me why. Why won't either of you tell me what happened? Que te pasa?"

Thirteen year old Wolfe shook her head and ran out the kitchen calling for Nisrina.

"Megan" Sara said as she walked into the kitchen with a dirty Lauren behind her. "I just found her climbing over the fence. She's not hurt-"

Megan didn't even let the fifteen year old finish. "Lauren Michelle! Do you understand how dangerous it is for you to leave this house late at night and not return for several hours? It's ten o'clock at night. You could've been killed!"

Eleven year old Lauren says nothing and looks at the floor.

"I told you that you may stay in your room by yourself when you're having an off day. But you can't leave the house! And you still did it! Over and over again! Look at your clothes you're filthy!"

Megan didn't want to be strict but she thought about what her parents would've done to any of them after this. Megan doesn't want to punish her sister but she has no choice. Lauren has to learn.

Megan grabbed her sister's arm and pulled Lauren towards her quickly before turning her around and spanking her over her leggings a few times.

Megan wasn't calm, she was upset so she spanked Lauren like she was upset.

Lauren burst into tears after the second swat and it wasn't long before she stood there wailing in front of her older sisters like a baby when Megan was done.

The sight was heartbreaking but, Megan ignored Sara's shocked expression and knelt down in front of her small sister.

"I didn't want to do that. But I did it because you broke a rule multiple times. If you run away again, there will be a repeat of this. Do you understand me young lady?" Megan asked in Spanish