Talk to Me

Lauren

Lauren has told Normani twenty times that she won't be moving to Europe with Sara.

Normani has yet to reply to her.

So what's Lauren doing? She's driving to Normanis apartment to speak to her in person.

Lauren is prepared for Normani to ignore her completely while she cries outside her apartment door. It's happened before.

Lauren is prepared to get kicked out by Normanis landlord. It's happened before.

But Lauren is also prepared for Normani to come back. It's happened before.

Lauren apprehensively got out her car as the New York City rain poured down on her head. She quickly entered the lobby using the spare keys Normani gave her.

It's ten o'clock. Normani could be a sleep but Lauren knows better.

Lauren knocks on the door and presses her ear against the door. She hears shuffling immediately.

"Mani please" .

"Lauren go home". She hears Normani say.

"Mani I'm sorry. I'm not going" Lauren sniffs. She's already crying.

"I'm not going Mani. I never wanted to go. I didn't really have a choice unless I wanted to give up art and get a full time job.  Megan and Sara are in charge of my funds until I'm twenty two Mani. I told you that. Yes, I know I'm welcome in your home but Mani I couldn't ask you to do that for me. I couldn't be a burden"

Lauren had to stop before another ring of sobs left her lips. "I love you. I really really love you.  I've been telling my sisters everyday that I don't want to leave you. Ask them!"

"Please..open the door. Or tell me I can come back tomorrow"