Do you want to live?

I looked up from Kevin's face to Mr. Hayes. He was kidding right.

"I couldn't do that." My dad said and I thanked god. The guy maybe hot but I don't know him.

"Do you want to live to see your son grow up?" All the color went away from my dads face. No this was not happening. I jumped up and slammed my hands down on the table.

"I think I should have a say in this, considering it is my life we are talking about. And I say HELL NO" That was all I could think of.  I didn't want this strange man taking me. I saw something change in his eyes. He looked to the two men next to him and they got up. The one grabbed Kevin and the other grabbed my mother pointing a gun to my dad. My whole world froze.

"Well you can either go or I will kill your family and take this little one here and make him one of my men." He pointed to Kevin and I saw a tear run down his little face.

"Juliet don't answer him" I looked to my dad and saw him try to get up but Mr. Hayes pointed a gun to him. I heard a clicking sound to the gun and heard a cry come from my mother. She was being held back as the guy brought Kevin to Mr. Hayes

"STOP.put the guns down now, and let my brother go. I'll go"

"Juliet no!" I heard but nothing could pull me from the man still holding the gun to my family.

"Good choice my love. Now I will let you pack a bag or two and let you say goodbye to your family." He got up and smiled at me. His men dropped there guns and let my mother and Kevin go. Kevin ran to me and I picked him up.

He was so young and knew nothing about life. I could not let them take him. I hugged him and felt my mother wrap her arms around me.

I felt my eyes water and I pulled them closer.

"Come let get you ready." Mother said with a tear coming out of her eye.

I put Kevin down and grabbed his hand. I wanted to be with him for as long as I could, because I don't know when the next time I may see him.

We walked into the house and went to my room. My mom helped me pack my bags and gave me some photos of the family. Kevin was sitting on my bed looking down at his hands the whole time. When I was done I asked my mom to give me some time with him.

When she left I closed the door and sat next to him.

"So are you going to kick some butt this season of summer football?" I tried to sound happy . I saw him hiccup from a cry and it hurt my heart. I lifted his chin and made him look to me.

"Hey I don't want you to cry ok. I'm going to be ok. You know I would do anything for you...your my little brother I love you." He jumped up and wrapped his arms around me.

"Don't go Juliet" he cried pulling me closer.

"I'm sorry little man but it looks like I don't have a choice. I promise that I will try to make it back to you though" I pulled him back putting my hands on his shoulders. "Don't grow so much ok." He laughed and I gave him one more hug.

Kevin helped me carry my bag down to the front door where everyone was waiting for me.

My mom was crying and I pulled her into a hug.

"I love you mom. Please make sure that Kevin doesn't grow much when I'm gone." She giggled and squeezed me tightly before letting me go.

I looked over to my dad and saw that he was not happy. He couldn't look at me.

I wrapped my arms around him and felt his arms go around me.

"I'm so sorry Juliet" he said kissing me on the head.

"I know. I love you dad."

"I love you too pumpkin" the name he used to call me when I was a kid. I felt my eyes burn when he said it.

I pulled back and looked at everyone and smiled.

"Are you ready?" That voice. Now it gave me sickness to my stomach. I turned around and picked up one of my bags and pushed past him. I was about to lose it on him. I threw my bag in the back of his car and one of his goons did the same with my other one. I opened the door and got in the back.

I felt my eyes stinging even more now. I was not going to get to graduate tomorrow. I was not going to see Kevin in his first game of the season. I was not going to have my moms coking. I will not have the father daughter days that I would have with my dad. I will not get to have the summer of my life with my friends. I felt my head spinning and I saw black.