1

He didn't know where he was; all he knew was that it was dark and he was running. He was unsure of what or who he was running from, but he could tell that it wasn't something he wanted to find out. The trees around him seemed to bend forward, blocking out the sky and throwing him into almost complete darkness; the only light source was right in front of him, yet...it was so far away. God, if only he could reach that light.
The roots of the trees began snapping at his bare ankles, which were showing thanks to the bottoms of his pajama pants being ripped and torn. A wave of energy blew past and he fell to the ground on his hands and knees. Tiny rocks scraped the palms of his hands, but he couldn't feel them. He couldn't feel anything. He couldn't feel the rocks in his hands, the thorns cutting his ankles, or the tree roots digging into his thighs. Suddenly, what felt like a hand wrapped around his ankle and he was brought down on his stomach with a small grunt. He looked over his shoulder and saw those eyes, the same pair that haunted his dreams. He opened his mouth to scream, but nothing came out. It was silent. He dug his short nails into the soft ground as the hand began pulling him towards the glowing eyes which were now joined by a mouth full of crooked, yellow teeth. The mouth opened but instead of any words, there was loud beeping.

BEEP

BEEP

BE-

EP

BEEP

With a gasp, Toby shot up in bed covered in a thin layer of cold sweat. He threw the covers off of his legs and checked his ankles for any cuts or scars. When he saw nothing, he fell back on his bed and just stared up at the ceiling. Next door, he could hear BEN's alarm going off at full volume; the elf had a meeting with Link and Dark Link in about...twenty minutes. For what? Toby had no fucking clue. BEN was a bitch about keeping his meetings completely secret.

"BEN! TURN THAT SHIT OFF!" Clocky shouted from her room across the hall.

"GO TO HELL, CLOCK-BITCH!" BEN shouted in reply.

Toby rolled his eyes and crossed his arms behind his head as he continued to look up at the white ceiling and listen to shouting and the slamming of doors.