Part 35!

You and Kaneki rush inside without a second thought. Your eyes are wide with terror but Kaneki seems to remain calm but you are close to certain that peaceful facade is only skin deep.

When you get inside, you scan the room. It's as you had left it. The chairs aren't turned over and the electricals aren't missing. The cupboards aren't open and the surface is entirely clean.

I swear I had left something on the surface when we had left, you think to yourself, but I can't remember what.

You remember your phone and dart into your bedroom. Surprisingly, your phone was sitting on the bedside cabinet when you had left it earlier.

You look around the room to see if the intruder had taken anything else. Everything was still in its place.

You poke your head out of the door to look at Kaneki, who is about as confused as you. "Anything unusual?" You say.

"Well, yes," Kaneki says as he walks over to the kitchen, "the tissue from earlier is gone."

You look him, both surprised and confused, "the one with your blood on?"

"Yeah," he sighs, "a bit weird, don't you think?"

"Yeah, really weird."

You and Kaneki spend a long time staring at each other until something makes you both jump.

A door slamming open.