Guess Who's Coming For Dinner?

Chapter 3- Guess Who's Coming For Dinner?

As we pulled into my driveway I was a little nervous as to what this night had in store for us. I could just imagine the questions Reed was going to ask him. I wonder if he will ever talk to me again if this goes badly. I guess I will never know until it happens. I thought to myself.

I turned off my car and we both started to get out of the car but before I could open the door someone opened it for me and I looked to see Brayden standing there in all his glory smiling at me.

"How did you do that?" I wondered out loud.

"Do what?" He asked.

"Get over to the door so fast" I replied "No sooner than we pulled up you were out the door and over to my side of the car opening the door?

"Well..." he started before my brother opened the door and yelled to us.

"Are two coming in or you just going to stand outside all night?"

"Yeah we're coming" I said

Once I got out of the car he closed the door for me and we started up the walkway to the house. I still never found out how he done the door trick but I'm sure going find out.

I walked in the door and the smell of the food hit me strong, and boy did it smell good. My stomach growled at how hungry I was.

"I hope you like spaghetti" I said as I turned back tor-ward Brayden when I got a few feet in the door. He was still standing outside the door looking at me like something was holding him back. I walked back to the door.

"What's wrong?" I asked with curiously

He looked at me politely and smiled "I didn't want to seem rude to enter without being invited in first."

"Oh well in that case Brayden would you like to come in" I laughed and held my arm out motioning for him to enter.

"Thank you, yes I would" he smiled and entered.

.........................................................................................................................................................................

Reeds POV

We were all sitting around the dinner table eating and I couldn't help but study Brooke's friend. What is his motive for being here? What does he want? Is he using my sister? I needed to know. It was too soon for her to scope them out. Not that she even knew about them. I would tell her everything once her birthday came next week when she turned 17. Her powers will be in by then.

"So Brayden is it?" I asked and he gave a nod. "What brings you to this town?" I casually questioned.

" Well my great grand father owned a house here and it now belongs to me now so I thought I should move in and start taking care of it and this seem like a nice enough town to live in." He replied