New Relationship & New Vision

"I am so happy for you honey." Mom squealed on delight.

"Thanks Mom." I replied.

"I'm happy as long as you’re happy." Dad said.

"I am." I reassured him.

"Well in that case..." Dad said turning toward Brayden holding out his hand "Welcome to the family."

Brayden smiled and shook dad's hand. I was glad they were happy about this. I know mom has been worried because I got my heart broke not even a day ago so I think she is happy I am moving on. It hurts me to know that I'm not with Jay but I think I may be starting to fall for Brayden even more.

"Well not to break up this sweet moment or anything but I'm pretty tired and I think I'm going to go to bed." I announced. "Brayden do you want to come up before you go?"

He waited a minute before answering. He turned to my parents eyeing them for approval and they nodded. Wow he is really doing this by the book. Already sucking up to the parents. I mentally laughed.

"I would like that." He replied.

Brayden followed me to my room and sat down on the end of my bed while I got ready for bed. I took my pjs in the bathroom and put them on. I brushed my teeth and washed my face and went back to my room. Brayden was still sitting there like he never moved a muscle. I went and sat on the bed next to him. It was a bit awkward since me or him either one had said anything. It is technically the first time her has been in my bedroom.

"So... you feel like maybe a date tomorrow?" He questioned breaking the awkward silence.

"Yeah sounds good. Where are we going?"

"I was thinking we could go out to eat." He answered. "If you don't like that idea you can pick."

"Food sounds good; after all I'm always hungry." I laughed.

"So what time do you want to go?" He asked.

"Does 8 sound good?" I questioned.

"Sounds good to me." He replied. "So what do you want to do now?" He flirted.

"Sleep" I replied.

I had not slept so well from the night before. Crying will do that to you. If you ever notice that after a good long cry you start feeling exhausted and sleepy. I hope that he didn't take that I wanted him to leave of anything because I didn't.

"Okay then sleep." He said sweetly picking me up and laying me under the covers. He laid me down gently like I was breakable and kissed me on the lips lightly before turning away. I quickly grabbed his hand before he got too far away.

"Don't leave" I requested. "Will you stay will you stay with me until I go to sleep?"

Without a word he came closer and then lay down next to me on the bed. He held me in one arm and stroked my hair with his hand. He voluntarily snuggled closer to him. I felt so good and so right to be there in his arms. It was like I belonged there. I could lay here for the rest on my life and be happy. The more time seemed to pass the sleepier I got. I felt him stroking my hair and his breath on my neck as I fell asleep.

I woke to an empty bed. As I stirred around I didn't feel his presence next to me. I opened my eyes to look around my room but didn't find him there either. As I rolled over to my other side I heard the crunch of a paper. When I spotted it I picked it up and read it.

'Sorry I wasn't able to be here when you woke up but I had to eat. I promise I will see you tonight though. Can't wait.'

Hmm I just thought of something. He never told me how or what he eats. That will be a good question for me to ask him tonight. I really hope it is a decent way. I don't like the idea of the innocent getting hurt.