Getting Ready

Chapter 5- Getting Ready

"Reed?" No answer

"Reed, are you home?" Still no answer

Where is my brother? I thought while looking through the house for him. I need to find him to tell him I was going be out late tonight working on banners for the dance tomorrow night even though it’s a lie and I will be at Brayden's place. Just thinking about it gets me nervous again.

As I continue looking for him I notice a note lying on the bar in the kitchen. I walk to it and pick it up.

Brooke,

Gone out to the college to pick up some assignments from my professors and then I'm going to pick up some groceries from the store. I will be back in a few hours.

Love, Reed

Well this will be easier than I thought. Now I don't have to put on my lying face. Thank goodness. I'm not so good at that. I quickly turned over the piece of paper and began writing my own note.

Reed,

My art class in behind on making the banners for the dance so I'm going to help them out. It will be late before I get back so don't wait up.

Love, Brooke

I quickly ran upstairs to start getting ready for my date. Gosh I am so nervous. I hope its goes well. I'm really starting to like him. I just need to get to know him a little better. I ran to the bathroom and turned on the shower and jumped in. I washed myself off and got out and went to my closet to find the perfect outfit. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a red halter top which I must say looked good on me. It made my naturally tanned skin stand out. I decided to straighten my hair and leave it down tonight. I then went to my bed and sat down to put on my shoes when I got and extreme pain in my head that kept getting worse and worse.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh what’s happening." I screamed grabbing my head. My head was pounding and I couldn't do anything to stop it. I just kept on and on for a minute and then suddenly it stopped.

Standing outside a two story house I stare at the door. How did I get here? Is this a dream? Did I teleport somehow? I felt really nervous being there but at the same time calm. This place seems really familiar to me in some way. The funny thing is though I don't recognize the house. Then the door started to open and a woman stepped out on the pouch with her pocketbook ready to go somewhere. I just watched her.

She turned and locked the door and started down the steps from her porch when she suddenly stopped recognizing my presence there. Locking eyes with me she just stared. The look in her eyes showed shock, pity then happiness. I was utterly confused. Who was this woman? Why was she starring at me this way? It was strange. She looks almost just like me. Just maybe an older version but she was beautiful none the less. Pulling me out of my trance she spoke.

"My baby." She said with so much love. She ran to me and pulled me into her arms and kissed me on top of my hair. I just stood in shock not sure how to react to this strange woman. I just had to know who she was.