Moving in and heartbreak

'I'm moving into a new house with my birth parents that I have never met until two days ago and I'm a witch and so are my parents, my brother and best friend. Not to mention the hot guy I liked is a vampire.' Man, no matter how many times I repeat that in my head it didn't make it sound any easier to accept.

I took the key out of my pocket and stuck it in the door to turn the lock. I already had my own key; they sent it to me the day after I left here. Once the door was opened I picked up my bags off the porch and carried them inside and closed the door back. As I stood at the door I to a minute to look around at my new house. I had to admit I loved it here. Don't get me wrong I'm sad I had to leave my brother and my hometown behind but I had a feeling I was in safe hands here with my parents and plus I was only an hour away.

"I'm here." I called out to them and dad rounded the corner.

"Hey kiddo happy birthday, your mom just went to the store for a few things for your birthday lunch, she will be back in a little bit." He said.

"Thanks but you guys don't have to do that, I'm just going to take the last of my things up and rest for a little bit." I said to dad.

"Nonsense, you are our daughter whom we have never got to celebrate her with. We have been wishing for this moment your whole life. Now go upstairs and unpack and I will make us some lunch when your mom gets back." He smiled happily.

"Alright" I said giving up and went to my room. I loved this room. It was so welcoming and it already started feeling like mine. Probably because all my stuff was in here now. I fished putting the rest of my stuff away and decided to relax. I lay down on my bed and got my phone out and dialed Reed. We talked for a minute, I told him I made it and was doing well and I would stop by after school tomorrow. Wednesday was my day to cook and give Reed a break and I like keeping traditions so tomorrow I was going to cook for him.

He was still living at home right now but he said next week he was going to move back into his dorm. He told me since I left and he only had 3 months left of school and he would be done that he would finish it out there.

After I hung up with Reed I called Jay to tell him I made it. It seems like we have grown distant since I told him I was moving. He thought that I was moving to far away. I guess us still going to school together wasn't enough for him. He wanted me to live closer. I invited him over to spend the day with me here this weekend to help him get used to the idea. After I hung up with him I decided to take a nap until lunch.

I woke to someone gently rubbing my head. I opened my eyes and seen it was my mom. She was setting on my bed beside me smiling.

"Hey sweetheart, happy birthday I thought you might be hungry, dad made lunch are you ready to come down and eat?" She asked. I nodded my head. How long have I been out? I was feeling more rested after my nap. "Good, you have been out for 3 hours."

I slowly got up and stretched. "Thanks for waking me. I am starting to get a little hungry."

"Of course honey, come on." I followed her down to the kitchen, as I got there I noticed a banner above the table that said happy birthday I smiled. We all sat down to eat after they sung happy birthday to me. After I ate they gave me the birthday presents they bought. They got me a camera and some earrings along with an iPod. "We save the best one for last."

She handed me a photo album that looked full of pictures. I looked it over before opening it. There was a message written on the first page that read: To our beautiful daughter Brooke on her birthday. Even though you are almost grown you will always be our baby. We love you mom & Dad. If I didn’t cry at that I did after I seen the album was full of baby pictures of me with them before they gave me up. They looked so happy. We looked just like a family. At that point I couldn't help but cry. They gave up so much for me, their happiness and family.