The Next Day

Chapter 7- The Next Day

I woke up feeling really tired again, almost as if I barely slept at all last night, which I did. It's like all my energy is drained and I don't know the reason. I looked up at the clock to see it was 9:30 am. Maybe a few more minutes of sleep won't hurt, it's only Saturday anyway and I don't have anywhere to be until tonight so why not? With that I rolled back over and shut my eyes only to be woke again by someone poking me.

"What?" I whined

"It's time for you to get up before you sleep the day away?" Jay said. I totally forgot about him staying the night, then all of last night events came flooding back in and I just groaned. "Come on it's not that bad, besides Reed made breakfast and I brought you some."

"Really thanks" I replied stretching across the bed and rising to sit up. I looked over at the tray and immediately Begin eating. The pancakes and sausage were delicious, and I was hungry.

“Your welcome lazy butt. Now as much as I would like to stay and be depressed with you I have a dance to get ready for and seeing as it's already 12:30 I'm going to go." He stated.

I almost spit out my orange juice. How the heck did it get to be from 9:30 to 12:30 so quick? I was sure I only closed my eyes for a few minutes. I have so much to do before the dance.

"Why didn’t you wake me up sooner?" I huffed.

"I tried and you were dead to the world. So I thought maybe after I brought you some food you would get up and seems I was right."

"Well thanks for trying I guess." I half smiled. Not really in the mood to do much more.

"Come on quit being so mopey. What are you so sad about anyway, you never told me?" he asked

“Ok just don't freak out at me. The reason I didn't say anything about it before is because I wasn't sure where it was going. That is until last night anyway." I replied.

"Ok just tell me."

I went on the explain everything from us meeting to the events from last night and how I felt and what I told Brayden.

"So you managed to keep all of this from me for a whole week? Wow I'm surprised. You are getting really good at hiding things." He said a little hurt.

"I'm sorry. I just didn't want to say anything until I knew where things were going." I repeated feeling a little guilty.

"Well I'm glad you are at least telling me now. You know you can tell me anything right?" He asked.

"Yes I know and I'm sorry. How about this?" I said holding up my pinkie finger. “I Brooke Jones hereby promise to not keep things from my best friend ever again."

"Ok." He said grabbing my pinkie with his. "No more secrets." He smiled.