Confrontation

Now I will get an answer to all my questions. One being how my so called family could could keep something like this from me? That's not what family's do, lie and hide things from each other and now I have a mother and father out there who I knew nothing about and who knew nothing about me. I had hurt growing strong inside of me.

"Are you ready to go in now?" He asked carefully like he may say something to set me off. Although at the moment I'm feeling more hurt than anger, I digress.

"I just need to know one thing." I said to him.

"And what is that?" He asked calmly.

"Where do you play into all of this and how do you know so much about me?" I questioned.

"I will explain everything after you have talked to Reed. I promise I will stay until you are done talking to him and let you ask me anything you want. Ok?" he said kindly.

I just nodded not really wanting to say anything right now. I guess he is right I should talk to Reed first as much as I didn't want to see him right now.

"Ok and please remember to not go off on him before he can explain." He said to me. I forced myself to nod my head. Why did he even care if I was mad a Reed? Now I am curious.

We got out of my car and walked into my house. No more than I got my foot in the door I was grabbed up into a tight hug. "Oh thank God Brooke I was so worried." Reed breathed and relaxed then he let me go. I just stood there emotionless and didn't move. I heard some movement across the room and I turned my head in the direction it came from to see Jay walking to me and pulled me to his chest. I still didn't move. I was not happy with him at the moment either. He also kept information from me.

"I am so sorry Brooke. I never should have told you. I thought you could handle it." He said. I could hear the care in his voice but that still didn't make me any less mad.

"Your right." I said and pushed him away. "You shouldn't have told me." I flatly said and turned to Reed. "You should have."

"Brooke I know and I'm sorry I had planned on telling you on your birthday." He rushed.

"Why? Why wait until my birthday?" I enquired.

"Because that is when your powers come in. On your 17th birthday." He stated.

"Well it's a little late for that. I have already gotten some of them." I said coldly. Reed looked at me in disbelief.

"How?" He asked. "You still had two days left?"

"I don't know. We can figure that out later. Next I want to know about my parents and why you with held this information from me." I said just as cold as before.

"OK. I am going to start from the beginning and its going to be a long story so bare with me." He started, at that I decided it would probably be a good Idea to take a seat. " It all started 23 years ago with a prophecy about a young girl that would save everyone by putting a balance between all the good and evil in the world so one could not over power the other. Life is all about the balance." He stated.

I was not really sure how to respond or what this had to do with me so I didn't say anything instead I just nodded for him to go on and sat there and listened as he continued.

"Then about two years later a 17 year old girl surfaced claiming to be the one to bring the balance. At that time the vampire attacks were getting bad and they were planning a takeover of the humans led by Alec Wesscott." Before he could even finish I interrupted.

"Wait Wesscott?" I asked confused and turned to Brayden. "That's your last name."

"Yes and also my fathers." He pointed out and then I realized his father was the one leading the takeover! "And no I was not part of it." He said before I could even ask.

"Anyway" Reed went on. "The young girl did as the prophecy said and brought forth peace and balance. Later the girl became a woman and had a baby at the age of 21 and another prophecy was reveled. It was said that the baby of the woman who fulfilled the first prophecy would grow up to be a one of the greatest witches of our time. It was also said she would be able to defeat the leader once and for all and also have a baby that would be the start of a new kind."

"Ok and what does that have to do with me?" I asked skeptically. Reed smiled at me sadly and went on.

"Well once the evil of the world found out about the prophecy the immediately set out to kill the baby." He stated and looked at me then continued. "The mother knowing that as long as kept the baby with her they would always know where to the baby. So she did her best to hide her daughter away from the world and until the time came to fulfill the prophecy once again."

"So what you’re saying is.........?" I questioned.

"You are the baby Brooke. Your mother had no choice but to give you up to protect you. It killed her but she did it anyway. Her and your father have been trying to lay low ever since. In hope to one day be with you again."

"Oh" was all I could say. I was still in shock. As much as I wanted to be mad I knew that I really had no right. All I could think about was those poor people who had to give up their baby. I know if it was me I could not give up my baby like that. 'Wait' I thought 'My baby'. 'He said I would have a baby that was the start of a new kind.' I started to panic. "Wait I can’t have a baby. I am too young." I screamed.

"I know that." said Reed. "It didn't say you had to have one right now. It is just in your future." He explained. At that I let out a sigh of relief. But I still needed to know Jay and Brayden’s Role in all this.

"What about you two." I said to them. "Where do you fit in to all of this?" Suddenly Jay spoke up.

"I didn't know about any of this until Reed said it. I just knew you were a witch. I could just sense it after I came back from my training. I can sense a lot of things now actually." He said turning to Brayden and giving him a glare.

"And what about you?" I questioned Brayden.

"I am here on my own free will. Your parents sent me to bring you back them when you were ready. I am on their side in this. Alec may be my father but I am nothing like him. He is evil and ruthless and cares for no one but his self. When I said I was on my own that was no lie. I don't have him and never did." He said with anger at the last part. Frankly it scared me a little but I just let it go. Then I thought of my parents again.

"I want to see them." I stated.

"Are you sure you are ready?" Brayden asked.

"Yes I want to meet them." I said.

"Ok. I will take you there. When do you want to leave?" He questioned.

"Now." I rushed.

"Let’s go" He said. I nodded my head and we turned to leave when Jay grabbed my hand.

"Wait I will go with you." He said.

"No I would rather do this on my own. Brayden is only going because he knows where they live and he seems to know them. I promise to tell you everything once I'm back." I simply told him.

"Brooke no! Do you know you are going with a vampire?" He said with venom

"Yes I do know that but I trust him not to hurt me. The question is whether you trust me?" I asked

"Of course I do. You know that." He said.

"Then let me do this on my own. I will see you when I return ok?" I said not really asking but telling.

"Fine" He groaned and walked over and kissed me on the head. "Just be careful. I couldn't bare anything happening to you. Ok?

"I will." I promised. I hugged him briefly then let go and left with Brayden.