Uh-oh

Mal's POV

After Evie made sure I was ready, we made our way to school. It actually went by pretty quick, before I knew it, it was time for lunch.

I got my food and sat down with Evie, Jay, and Carlos. Ben isn't here yet because he's at a meeting.

"Did you guys have chemistry already?" Jay asked.

"I did." Evie said.

"Could you help me with the homework after school?"

"Sure."

"Wow, you asking for help instead of copying. That's a first." Carlos said.

We all laughed and Jay smacked Carlos upside the head.

"And he didn't just take the homework." Evie added and she and Carlos high fived.

We all just started laughing but I flinched when two hands touched my shoulders.

"Relax Mal, it's just me." Ben whispered in my ear.

I instantly relaxed and he sat next to me. Why do I flinch everytime he touches me, I know Ben would never hurt me but...

I don't know how to explain it.

I just always go back to the night before and it scares me.

After lunch Ben came with me to my locker.

"Mal, will you please tell me what's going on?" He asked.

"Ben, nothing's wrong, I'm fine." I told him.

"Mal, I don't like to see you flinch everytime I touch you, did I do something?" He asked worriedly.

"No! Of course not, you didn't do anything wrong." I quickly responded.

"Then tell me." He begged grabbing my hand, once again, making me flinch.

I really want to, but I can't, if I do, Harry might do something bad.

"I can't." I said removing my hand.

The bell rings. Saved by the bell. Before he gets the chance to say anything, I walk away trying hard not to let my tears fall.

This had made my relationship with Ben so distant.

I hate that.

Ben's POV

I watched Mal walk away, I feel as if someone punched me in the heart.

What's going on? I hate to see her uncomfortable with me, I don't want to see her sad, I want her to smile, I want her to be the strong, independent, happy girl I fell in love with.

But she's not.

And it hurts me knowing that. I love Mal more than anything, not knowing what's on her mind.

She changed so much. She doesn't laugh like she used to, I see that she wants to cry, she's hurting so much, and I feel helpless. She won't let me help her, so all I do is sit there as she's hurting on the inside and it kills me.

Mal, what's hurting you?

After the day ends, I got to meet Mal at her locker but see that she's talking to Evie.

"Mal, you have to tell him." Evie says.

"No Evie, I can't, you know I can't." Mal says.

Wait, Evie knows?!

I listen to their conversation, careful not to let them see me.

"Mal if you don't, your gonna keep getting hurt and I don't want that." Evie insisted.

"No, if I tell Ben Harry has been hitting me, Harry is going to do something bad to him."

"WHAT?!" I roared.

Mal's POV

Uh oh.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey! I feel like I haven't updated in forever, but you know...

School.

Pretty much self explanatory.

I'll try to update within five days of a chapter, I think that's reasonable.

Anyways...

Uh oh.