Friendship (part 1)

This chapter is dedicated to all the people who don't have friends.

"The pain of being alone is not an easy one to bear." - Naruto

What does friendship mean to you? Do you think friendship is necessary? What do you think is the reason you don't have friends? Do you despise friendship? Do you prefer your own company? Do you have weak communication skills? Haven't you found anyone you want to be friends with yet? Well, whatever the reason is, if you really want to have friends, then you WILL have friends one day. You might think that it's impossible for you to have friends. Well, let me tell you this: Nothing is impossible. The first step towards gaining friendship is believing that you will become a friend of someone, someday.

As a person who didn't have friends for a long time, I would like to give you some advice.

1. Never think that you are not worthy enough to have a friend.

All of us have done a lot of mistakes along the journey of life. All of us have weak points. I admit that the amount of these mistakes and weak points varies from person to person. But just because of that, don't think that you are not likely to have friends any day. I am sure that someday, someone will see past your mistakes and weak points, and see the beauty in you. Be proud of yourself for who you are, because you deserve it; you are worth it.

2. Don't fake your personality.

A lot of people tend to fake their personality to match with another person's personality so that it would be easier to become friends with that person. If you are also this type of person, be ashamed of yourself. By doing this, not only you are disrespecting the other person's genuine feelings but also, you are looking down on yourself. Like I said in the second chapter, you should never look down on yourself. Why are you so desperate to have friends that you would even go as far as faking your beautiful personality? Are you ashamed of your true personality that you would rather hide it and present a whole new, fake personality that isn't you? Don't be ashamed of your personality. Like I said earlier, everyone has done their share of mistakes. You are no different from us. You must learn to be proud of yourself no matter who you are. Because if you are not proud of yourself, then who do you think will be proud of you? 

You are the only true friend you have had since your birth. You are the only true friend who will stick with you till the end. So never abandon yourself. Never become an enemy of yourself. If you don't have any respect for other people's genuine feelings, then at least have some respect for yourself and stop hiding your true personality. Even if there will be a lot of people who don't like your personality, I am sure that there will be at least one person who will like your personality.

Let's say that you are going to ignore my advice and keep faking your personality. How long do you think you can keep up the act? Lies don't exist forever. The truth always comes out. And after it comes out, there is nothing you can do about it. You cannot hide it, and you definitely cannot pretend that the truth is a lie. So what do you think the reactions of your "friends" would be? Will they be mad at you? Will they talk to you again? No matter what their reactions will be, I can promise you one thing; they are definitely going to be hurt and it will be all because of you and your selfishness.

So if you want to avoid hurting your "friends", stop pretending to be someone you are not. Don't hide your true personality. Let people either like or hate your personality. Who cares? When you get a friend, at least you can be happy that there is someone in this world who truely loves and adores you for who you are. If you keep faking your personality, you would never be able to know whether your "friends" might like you for who you really are. You might keep on asking that question from yourself until you get tired of faking your personality. So if you want a genuine friendship, show your genuine personality.