Friendship (part 2)

This chapter is dedicated to all the people who have friends.

"Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you." - Internet

What does friendship mean to you? Is it just a way for you to not to feel loneliness? Do you think true friendship doesn't exist even though you have friends? Do you care for your friends? Do you love your friends?

I bet all of you see friendship in different perspectives. As I don't know any of your perspectives, we'll just go through mine as usual.

As I said in the previous chapter, I see friendship as an amazing bond that encourages each others existence. If you observe yourself more closely, you may realise how wonderful and amazing you feel when you are with your friends. People who didn't have friends in the past can easily understand this feeling, but if you had friends from the beginning, it could be hard for you to realise that such a feeling exists until someone points it out. So if you are someone who had friends from the beginning, observe yourself closely the next time you are with your friends because it's really a wonderful feeling one could experience in his or her lifetime.

When we are with our friends, we don't feel lonely. We feel joy, happiness, and many other feelings. But don't consider friendship as a way to get rid of loneliness because it's much more than that. I can't tell specifically what friendship is because friendship means a lot of things to me. Friendship is about caring for each other, sharing happiness, sadness and other kinds of emotions with each other, loving each other, trusting them with your life, sharing troubles and secrets with each other, accepting each other for who the other person is without judging, being honest with each other, being there for each other at their weakest moments, supporting each other, encouraging each other, protecting each other, and much more things which couldn't be put into words. However, these things could be experienced only if your friendship is genuine and strong. If you are one of the lucky ones who have experienced these things, then you have a friendship you could be proud of any day. If you still haven't experienced any of these things, don't worry too much because it takes time for a friendship to get strong and come to this point. But then again, these are just my opinions. You don't have to judge your friendships relying on my opinions. You know your friends better than I do and I am sure that you have your own opinions of friendship which could be totally different to mine. It's fine to have different opinions because the world wouldn't be the same if all of us thought alike, right? But if you are having doubts about your friendship or questioning whether your "friends" are really friends, continue to read this chapter. Perhaps I may be able to help you sort out your doubts.

1. A true friend won't keep grudges against you no matter what.

Some times, friends fight with each other. It's completely normal for friends to fight and argue with each other, and be mad at each other. But true friends always make up with each other after a while because they can't stay mad at their friends for too long. They also don't keep grudges against each other no matter what the fight or the argument was about. Once they make up with each other, they won't even remember whether they had a fight or not, because true friends always forgive each other and don't keep grudges against their friends.

2. A true friend will always stand up for you.

When other people are speaking badly of you, a true friend will always speak up for you, telling them how wrong they are or tell them to shut up and mind their own business. Anyway, a true friend will always stand up for you whenever you feel like you are not strong enough to stand up for yourself. If you are getting bullied, a true friend will stand up for you, even if it means he will also get bullied for standing up for you. Because a true friend will always look out for you and try to protect you however he can. A true friend won't just watch or stand still while others are physically or verbally abusing you because he cares about you and can't bear to watch you getting hurt. A true friend will stand up for you no matter what the circumstance is.