Chapter 3. Mission Time

"That's crazy to give us an A ranked mission when it is just the three of us Chunin!" I screamed at Tsunade after receiving the news about Kiba, Shino, and I's newest mission.

We were going to be guarding a princess to her home country for coronation. She had just finished up the paper work in Konoha, but needed to be escorted back to her home country. However, when Tsunade mentioned that she was targeted with some money over her head and it was an A mission, Kiba and I had flipped out on her.

"What had I just said to all of the Chunin about complaining over their missions just a few weeks ago?" she asked me through clenched teeth and a vein on her head. Her eyes were closed and she was clenching her sake bottle also.

"That doesn't matter anymore, this is something completely different!" Kiba yelled in protest and slammed his palms on her desk. Akamaru barked from behind as a form of agreement.

"Chika, Kiba, it is best not to question lady Tsunade's motives behind this." Shino said to us. "If she is willing to send us on this mission, we should be willing to go."

"Shino how can you say that? Kiba and I don't care! This is more of a Jonin or ANBU mission. You are sending us on a death mission. There has to be somebody else who can go on this mission." I said an attempt to reason with her as I stood in front of her desk.

"We are short on ninjas at hand as you know." Tsunade replied in a deathly calm voice. "We are so short on hand that we have to send some Chunin on higher ranked missions than they are ready for because they are the ones in most supply. It does not matter how long you have been a Chunin. As soon as you are Chunin, your skills have reached a level equivalent to doing higher missions. See this mission as a chance to improve your skills. NOW STOP COMPLAINING AND GET READY TO LEAVE FOR YOUR MISSION! I AM DONE LOOKING AT YOU." she yelled at me and I flinched. It was never a good time for anybody to have Tsunade yell at them. "Shizune, guide their team out and give them the rest of their information about their mission. If I hear Chika or Kiba talk again, I will kill them myself."

"Follow me." Shizune commanded us and walked out of the room with a packet of papers in her hands. Reluctantly, Kiba and I followed her into the hallway. Shino was able to follow her with ease, which bothered me for some reason.

It has been a few weeks since he and I had talked or looked at each other. What he had said about my downfall had bothered me. I had questioned what was wrong with my empathy and compassion for others. In the end, I was helping others and was not too concerned with myself getting hurt. After all I was a ninja, I was made to protect myself and others. The phrase continued to go through my mind many times. It was as if I was in a replay genjutsu because that was all that had went through my mind those few weeks.

"You are to escort Princess Eri back to her homeland as lady Tsunade said. Despite the fact that she does have a bounty over her head, it is not too big of a bounty so she should not be too much of a target to hunters. Here is what she looks like." Shizune explained to us and then showed us a picture of a beautiful girl with short purple hair and green eyes. The smile on her face had spread happiness to me. I could just tell that she was going to be a great feudal lord. 

After we had gotten the information of which inn to pick her up at and which country was her homeland, we scattered and got ready for our mission. It was agreed that within half an hour we were going to pick up Princess Eri from the inn and head out to escort her home.

"So, you're going on an A ranked mission." my mother said to me as I grabbed a small bag and began to pack. "Who are you going with?"

"Kiba and Shino." nonchalantly, I replied and continued packing. I had hoped that my mom would have forgotten that I told her about Shino and the incidents.

"You know what you should do, you should stab Shino in the crotch." she said and I choked on air at her response. "You need to assert your dominance on this mission and show that you are in charge. I am guessing that Kiba will not want to mess with you after he see that you did that. In fact, you would probably scare off all the enemies if you did that."

"Mom," I said in disbelief at her words. Then again, it was most certainly not the first time she had said something similar to that. My mom was blunt and perverted. Nevertheless, she was still a Jonin with a great set of skills. As shocking as that was to some people. It was a dream of mine to work beside her some day. "I will not stab a comrade in the crotch. Especially when we will need all the help we can get on this mission."

"Fine, be a good person." she replied and rolled her eyes. A soft smile was placed onto her lips as she looked at me. "I'm glad we have been able to talk like this through out the years. I know that lately we have not been able to see each other much because of missions, but I really do cherish this time shared between us."

"I do too mom." I said and looked at her with a smile on my face as well. "I'm still not stabbing Shino in the crotch." she grunted and rolled her eyes again.

"Why not? It is such a great plan. Besides, it would be pay back for him putting a bug on you. So you should be allowed to do this one thing." my mom explained to me in an attempt to get me to agree.

"Because we really do need all the help we can get on this mission." firmly, I answered her and closed my bag. "Besides, we both know that he is not the only one who has planted a bug on me." I glared at her and my mom sheepishly scratched her neck.

"To be fair, I did it as a joke and did not think you would freak out as much as you did." she said and put her hands on her hips. "This is a boy we are talking about. Boys have hormones and who knows what was going through his mind when he put that bug on you. He could have been peeping and hoping to get a good look at you. Who knows what jutsus his family have came up with over the years." the protective motherly look was plastered onto her face. "This is no offense to Shino's father, because he is a great man who does his missions quite well. I just know what teenage boys are up to and think of."

"Mom, I am going with Kiba." I said and then repeated myself for extra emphasis. "Kiba."

"You know what, just kick their asses if either of them give you any crap. You are independent enough. After all, you are my daughter." proudly, my mom said with a satisfied grin on her face. I rolled my eyes at her.

"I rather get to know Shino's reasoning for it than to just assume things." warily, I said and walked towards the door. "I will see you after this mission. I will come back safe and sound."

"You bet the ass that you got from me that you will." my mom said and winked at me.

I once again, rolled my eyes at her.

My feet began to move and I walked out of the apartment. As I walked towards the inn, I made sure that my bag was securely strapped on. Never again was I going to have another mishap of losing my bag during a mission. That was a bit stressful to have no weapons with enemies nearby.

Within no time, I reached the inn. Shino, Kiba, and Akamaru were already there waiting for me. When I got closer, I saw that Princess Eri was all set and ready for us. As soon as she saw me, she sent me a smile and I could not help but smile also. Her smile was a contagious disease.

"You must be Chika, Kiba has told me quite a bit about you." Eri said to me with her holy smile still on her face. "So you really like bugs?"

"Kiba!" I yelled and smacked his head. A confused look was put onto Eri's face. "No, quite the opposite actually. I am very afraid of him."

"How do you do missions with Shino then?" she asked me and put a finger onto her cheek as she wondered. "Ah I'm sorry, you must be a very professional ninja to put your fear aside and work with somebody who has your fear all over them."

"You could say that." I replied and began to walk towards the entrance of the inn. "So are you guys ready to escort this beauty back to her homeland?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woot woot! c: Updated a day earlier than expected. I'm sorry that I don't talk so much here on Wattpad. School has just eaten up my free time with the homework and then I just want to relax after that. However, I took advantage of this light homework load and decided to update this story. (: What do you guys think of it so far? What do you think of the mom? It is a bit creepy how she came out so similar to me.

Have a great day lovelies and stay fresh. Farewell!