Chapter 11. A Date and Confessions

"A date?" Shino asked me with a bit of disbelief. 

It took a lot of self-force to not shake my hands because of how nervous I was. I looked at him straight in the eyes. My face felt as though it was on fire because of how much I was blushing. My heart was beating so fast I thought it would have stopped from over use.

"Yeah, I just thought you might want to go on one right now if you were free. You don't have to if you don't want to though, I completely understand if-" 

"Okay." 

I looked at him in amazement with a grin on my face. "So you do want to go on a date?" 

"Yes, I do. Where do you want to go?" My eyes were wide with shock. "You look like you cannot believe I said yes." 

My face went red again and I became a bit sheepish. "It's because I can't believe it. Let's go," I grabbed his arm and began to walk throughout the village. 

I have to go with it and not over think it. Otherwise I will talk myself out of it. I thought with determination. I cannot let our limited time go to waste. 

We began to walk through the village as we viewed the happy villagers. It was at that moment that I began to realize all the love in the air. Couples walked together with their hands held together. Their fingers were woven together and they looked happy. 

I did not see love as something I had to search for, because I knew it was something that could have happened at any moment. When I looked at Shino I knew I risked rejection, but I knew that I also risked a limited time. I had no idea if my limited time was with Shino or someone else, but I knew I had to take a risk. 

After we had found some food to eat and we were resting underneath a tree, Shino began to talk. "You seem very nervous." He said to me and I exhaled loudly to attempt to be calm. 

"I am because I have something I really want to say." I explained to him and twiddled with my thumbs as my face was burning. When I took a deep a breath, I was able to calm down and think. My fingers stopped fumbling with each other and I looked at Shino. "I am sorry that I have been avoiding you. You probably want to know why," he gave me a nod in agreement so I continued. "It is because I really like you Shino. As soon as I realized I liked you, I didn't know what to do. When I was younger I did have some crushes, but they were really small compared to what I feel now." 

The quietness that came from Shino scared me. Is he going to not want to talk to me again? I cannot handle him hating me because I let feelings like this enter the Shinobi world.

"Are you sure that you like me?" He inquired and I could sense something in his voice, but I was not able to tell what. 

"Shino, I am pretty damn sure I like you. I know it is crazy because of my fear for bugs, but I really do like you Shino. I, I really can't explain why I do. Whenever I see you, I feel my stomach do flips because of how happy I am just to see you." I paused for a moment and looked at the ground. "I just wanted to confess to you while I still had the chance. It is understandable if you do not want to talk to me after this or you do not want to see me because of how selfish I am being at the mome-" 

It was then that Shino cut me off in a bit of a rushed voice. "No, I like you too." 

My breath was taken away by that one simple sentence. When I looked at him, I saw that he was looking right at me. My heart sped up and I felt a grateful smile form on my face. 

"I am sorry because I have been the selfish one." He sighed and continued to explain. "Our last mission together with princess Eri, I wanted to go home early so we could spend the day together. I did not know when we would be able to have time to spend together and I worried that you would forget.