Chapter 7. A Change in Plans

"Thank you all so much for helping me!" Eri cheerfully squealed as she shook our hands. "I am so sorry for all the trouble that I caused." Her eyes went to me and I saw a guilty look on my face. I sheepishly sweated and waved my hand. 

"Oh getting injured is just part of the job. It was my fault for being injured." I replied and tried to wave off her guilt. 

"I just feel so awful." She gushed to me. "I have an idea!" Her pointer finger was pointed in the air and she grinned. "You guys could all stay here for a day to rest. You can stay for some nice meals. Not to seem uppity, but I cook some great meals." 

Both Kiba and Akamaru had their faces light up in excitement. Akamaru let ouf a happy bark while Kiba whooped. He grinned as he walked over to Shino then put his arm around his teammate. "Come on Shino. We could stay here to relax." 

The Aubrame seemed to be in thought before he spoke. "Chika, how are your wounds?" 

"They are doing fine at the moment. I think it would be a good idea to get them checked out though." I answered him and gently touched the sides of my stomach. 

"We have some doctors here!" Eri pipped up in a hopeful and eager tone mixture. "I am sure they would be willing to check out your wounds." 

Shino's attention went from Eri back to me. I could sense that the descision relied on my input. Kiba gave me a pleading look with his hands closed together as if he was praying. What a lazy sack of bones. I thought to myself and mentally shook my head. Oh why not. My wounds do need some medical attention and a day to rest would be the perfect opportunity. 

"I think it would be best for us to stay." 

Kiba, Akamaru, and Eri all celebrated. Kiba fist pumped the air while Akamaru barked and Eri squealed as she clapped her hands. Shino showed no signs of whether he was happy with my descision or not. 

"Alright." Shino said and then pointed at Kiba and I. "You will both need to tell Lady Tsunade that it was your idea to push the mission back another day instead of arriving at the village right away for another mission." 

Kiba had slowly stopped pumping the air as Shino talked. When Shino had finished, Kiba had a dark and sad aura around him. He then remembered Tsunade's wrath and shuddered. "Chika, you and I will need to stick together through this. Because obviously somebody is willing to let his comrades suffer." 

"Oh hush Kiba. We kind have brought it upon ourselves." I said and waved my hand lightly. "Maybe if we bring her back some sake she will be somewhat okay with it." 

Kiba looked a bit surprised at my reaction for standing up for Shino, but shrugged it off and a mischevious grin appeared on his face. "Bribery will be the best way to deal with Tsunade." 

"Our minds are too similar at times." I said with a smile on my face and playfully slapped his arm. I knew that Kiba, Akamaru, and I were going to make the most out of our stay for a day. 

****

"My my, your wounds are just so..." The nurse said and wandered off near the end of her sentence. I could tell that she was a bit shocked at my torso. 

For some reason or another, my torso had the most scars out of any place on my body. It was just much easier to damage that than a knee or leg, to me. My torso was not a war zone full of scars but it had more than people would have expected. Ninjas did not have perfect skin. We had skin that got blisters, burns, wrinkly from water, and scars from wounds. 

"I know." I said and chuckled a bit. "It is a bit shocking to see. I am a ninja so I have a feeling that has something to do with it."

"Are all ninjas scarred like this?" She asked me in a shocked voice.