Chapter 9. The Love Expert

• Dedicated to Everyone Reading. c:

Over the next few weeks, I tried to avoid Shino. 

I knew it was a bad thing to do, especially since he had done nothing wrong. I just could not bear to face him after the day we hung out together. Many times in my life I had been embarrassed, but almost telling Shino that I called it a date was near the top of the list of embarrassing things I had done. 

Every time that I saw him butterflies swarmed back inside of my stomach. Throughout the weeks, it progressed even more. Anytime I thought of him, I felt butterflies in my stomach again. It took me a while to come to terms with the reason I was feeling that way every time I thought of Shino or saw him. 

I was falling for him. 

No matter how much I told myself it was outrageous, I continued to fall for him. I was scared to fall for him because I had no idea what to do when you really liked somebody. Yes, I did see other people fall for those around them. That did not mean that they treated the situation correctly. As much of a sweetheart Rock Lee was, he had come off a bit too strong for Sakura in the beginning. 

I then realized that everybody was courageous enough to confess their feelings to their crush. Meanwhile I was a scaredy-cat. My first thought was to tell my mom, but I feared that she would have confessed to Shino for me. In the end of the day, I had no idea what to do. 

One day after those few weeks, I was walking around the village to grab some groceries for my mom and me. As I walked around one of the many food carts, I spotted Shino down the street. My heart sped up as I saw him walk towards me. 

What do I do? What do people do when they are falling for a comrade? I asked myself in panic. What am I supposed to do? 

"Hey! Chika!" A voice yelled for me. When I turned around, I saw Kiba and Akamaru. Never before had I been so glad to see that idiot. 

"Trust fall!" I yelled as I ran towards him and jumped into the air. His eyes widened in shock as he opened his arms to catch me. "Whew, you sure are a trustworthy teammate." I patted his shoulder as he sat me down and give me an odd look. 

"Are you okay?" He questioned me with a face that showed a bit of concern. 

I quickly turned my head to see that Shino was walking in our direction. My heart sped up and I panicked even more. Without thinking, I punched Kiba in the face. 

"Ow!" He yelped in pain and Akamaru barked at me in anger. 

"I am so sorry! Here, I will explain when we go over there." Quickly, I said and pulled Kiba to a different street. After that street, we onto a new street and then another and another. "I am so sorry Kiba; I do not know what I was thinking." 

"Neither does me." He said and groaned. "Damn, you can pack a punch." He then put a hand on his face and began to rub the punched area. "Why did you punch me? 

My face began to turn red in embarrassment. He was not the person I was supposed to confess my feelings to, but I knew that it was a start. At least I trusted Kiba and it was not some stranger who would have told my secret to everybody. 

"Woah, why is your face so red?" He asked me and poked my cheek. 

"S-Shut up!" Defensively, I crossed my arms over my chest and looked away from Kiba. 

"Normally when people blush like that, it is because they have a crush on somebo-OH!" He yelled in shock as he had his epiphany. "Well, I am flatter but I do not feel the same w-" He was cut off with a punch to the stomach. 

"Baka," angrily, I muttered as I clenched my fist with a dark aura around me. "I do not have a crush on you asshole!"  

"Way to be nice about it." He said and groaned as he straightened himself out. "You do not need to punch me a whole lot, you know that right? Whoever you have a crush on will not find that sexy." 

"I do not care about being sexy!" I screamed and held a fist up to his face. He flinched away and a few bystanders gave us odd looks. I calmed myself down and talked in a normal tone. "I do not have a crush on you and I do not care about being sexy." 

Kiba then looked at me and groaned. "Whomever you have a crush on is going to have a lot to handle, especially if you treat them like me." He was quiet for a few moments before he looked me in the eye. "So who is the guy?" 

My face was red from embarrassment as I stopped eye contact with him. "Shino," I muttered. 

"Who?" He asked me and leaned in closer. 

"Shino," I said in a flat voice and I felt my face burn redder. 

Kiba's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. "That makes a bit more sense now. That is the reason you punched me. Did you know that I still have not gotten an apology yet?" 

I rolled my eyes as I said the apology, "I am sorry Kiba that I punched you in the face and posed a threat of ruining the only thing that might make a girl fall for you." 

"Tch, you are ruining your chances of getting some advice from somebody who has been around Shino more often than you have. Yeah you have seen him a lot, but I have seen him a lot more in the present time than you have. I know more than you do for how Shino works in the present." Kiba said and shook his head.

"Fine, please give me some advice then." I said to him in flat tone. 

"Only if you promise to get Akamaru some special treats," he said with a grin on his face and extended his hand. 

"It is a deal then." I said as I shook his hand with a small smile on my face. 

"Okay, here is what you should do: Be nice, do not punch me, and ask him out on a date sometime." He said and grinned more. "It is as easy as that." 

My jaw dropped in shock. A small vein had formed on my forehead and I smacked Kiba's arm. "It is not as easy as that! Have you ever liked somebody? Have you ever avoided them just because you were terrified of saying something stupid to them?" 

"I have had crushes on girls, but not as bad as you have it for Shino. I am smoother than you, so there is that too." He said and playfully punched my arm as Akamaru barked in agreement. 

"Shut up, just give me some actual advice that could use." I said and crossed my arms over my chest defensively. 

"Well, that depends. Do you want to date him?" 

I sighed as I thought of that question. That was my first reaction, but then I began to think about it more. What if I ruin our friendship? What if I ruin anything that we could have had? Things could go so badly wrong but they could also go great. Why is being a teenager so difficult? 

"I, I do not know exactly." Softly, I said and looked at the ground. 

"Come on, don’t be sad." Kiba said and put an arm around me. "I will help, because I am a love expert." I then snorted and received a glare. "Hey, you need all the help that you can get." 

I slouched a bit when he said that. He was saying the truth. Never before had I dealt with having a crush on somebody. I would need all the help I could get because I was a mess. Ninjas were supposed to be experience with many things, but we had never been taught what to do when one had a crush. That was one thing I wish they had taught at the Academy. 

"So, Love Expert, tell me what I should do." I said and Kiba shook his head from side to side. 

"Nope, you have to decide for yourself what you should do. Wait, actually I know one thing you should do." He said and my face lit up in excitement. "You should not punch people when you do not know what to do. That hurts like hell." 

I fell to the ground and curled up in a ball as a dark aura formed around me. "They should really teach us this kind of stuff in the Academy. This is something tough enough to make anything great ninja fall."

 ~~~~~~

Hello there lovelies! How are you? It now really feels like it is summer for me because of the song on the side. That song, just gives me the whole summer feel. I just happened to came across a punk cover of it and really adore it. c: Do you guys have a song that gives you the summer feeling? 

What did you think of the chapter? What do you think of Chika and Kiba's sibling relationship? There are only a few chapters left in this story. I hope they all come out well for you guys. (: 

Have a wonderful day and smile. (: Farewell!