15

When I had finally woken up, I was alone and had immediately shifted into a mouse.

I had run into the ventilation systems, that had been two weeks ago.

At the moment, I was a kangaroo rat, hopping quickly down a hallway towards the kitchen.

It was about two thirty in the morning according to the clock hanging on the wall.

I suspected no one would be in the kitchen at that time. I knew I needed food because I didn't have the energy to change my form.

I hopped over to the closest cabinet, but once I was in the cabinet, I failed to notice the glue trap.

I fell onto my side on the trap and was completely stuck, helpless.

I made a distressed noise that no one would hear and decided to wait for someone to come into the kitchen.
.
.
.
I must have fallen asleep, because when I woke up, there were people talking. A lot of people.

I made a distressed squeak and 'jumped', making the glue trap pop up and hit the cabinet bottom with a small slap.

It went silent for a few moments, someone approached the cabinet and opened the door.

I felt someone pick up the glue trap, obviously being careful to keep it level. "Okay who the hell thought this was a good idea?" I heard Bucky snap coldly as he placed me on the counter. He started digging through the overhead cabinets for something to free me.

I watched him open a bottle of olive oil and start gently pouring it onto the trap (and me).

"Well?" he all but growled at them.

I gave a wheeze as the oil got on my nose, he stopped and wiped it off gently muttering an apology.

Bucky picked me up by the scruff and gently started to peel me off of the board, after I was completely free he placed me on the table.

Everyone was sitting at the table and started to stare at me.

I hopped carefully over to Steve and stood in front of his plate, looking up at him.

He broke off a piece of toast into four pieces and handed me one.

I took it and started quickly nibbling on it.

Wanda pushed a piece of gravy covered biscuit towards me, which I started to eat that as well.

Pietro decided to offered me a few pieces of scrambled egg.

I scoffed down all of the food and squeaked before cleaning my whiskers, and attempted to clean my body of olive oil and glue.