34

Very distantly I could hear explosions.

I was three stories below ground waiting for my handler to give orders.

The door slammed open to reveal said handler. "Shift, wolf," he ordered simply.

I did as he said. I shifted into a darker colored wolf. I watched as he went to my side, unhooking the chain from my collar.

He pointed at the door, "Kill intruders," he ordered.

I leapt forwards with a snarl, running towards the sounds of explosions.
.
.
.
I burst out the reinforced steel door and howled, letting other agents know I was there.

I ran into the snowy forest surrounding the base.

I crawled as I came across someone fighting a small group of agents, I crept closer, seeing as the painfully obvious American was too distracted fighting to be able to distinguish my fur from the surrounding area.

I jumped on his back, biting into the back of his neck.

"Hound's got it, let's go," I heard the remaining members of the group say before bolting.

I could hear the blonde's com, "Steve? Cap? Are you okay? What's going on?"

Steve swung his elbows back, nailing me in the ribs and sent me flying, "Radley, this isn't you," he said in a pained voice.

I shook the daze and snow off and snarled at him.

"Radley, don't make me do this," a voice sounded from behind me.

I whirled around with a growl. It was a younger male and a younger female. I growled.

The younger of the pair had red tendrils swirling from her finger tips.

"He doesn't recognize us..." the male said, sounding devastated.

I bared my teeth before launching myself at the unarmed pair, the girls tendrils shot out at me and everything went dark.