7. I've Got a Feeling

"What?" I spoke with my jaw on the ground.

"I-I said, you like George?" Paul spoke nervously looking at me wide eyed and frightened.

"No, you said like George back." I whispered so no one would overhear the conversation feeling my heart jump into my throat.

"What? I did no such thing." Paul spoke defensively with his voice wavering nervously. I stared at him with a dumbfounded look on my face and he gulped and fixed his collar.

"I'm going to stop talking now." Paul hung his head to avoid eye contact and made a quick exit from the shop leaving me with an odd feeling bubbling up in my stomach. What just happened? John sent a questioning look my way probably wondering the same thing.

"Where'd he run off to?" He asked combing through his hair with his hand.

"I haven't a clue." I spoke in a daze. Surely he couldn't be implying what I thought right? I shifted uncomfortably in my seat as the rest of them looked out the door wondering what had just happened. John simply shrugged and returned to the conversation he was having my uncle leaving me to be completely flustered as I looked over at George. My mind completely drew a blank, whatever I was supposed to be feeling after what Paul said was blocked out with confusion. I was surely misinterpreting something, this was a Beatle. Any one of these boys could get any girl in Liverpool that they wanted.

"See you Friday." John spoke at the door suddenly snapping me out of my thoughts. "And wear something pretty, for me." He smirked.

"Oh bite me Lennon." I spoke unamused making his eyebrows raise up and a smile appear.

"Gladly." He spoke licking his lips scanning over me suggestively.

"Pervert." I mumbled cringing as he stepped outside laughing. John Lennon was really something, even the fact that my uncle was merely five feet away from him didn't stop him from making perverted comments.

"Bye Brian, bye Poppy." George spoke quietly exiting last behind John and Pete. I blushed hearing him say my name with a warm feeling lingering in my stomach and spreading over my whole body. You like George back? The words were seared in my mind. It was such a blatant sentence but somehow it confused me like no other sentence could.

"-Poppy." My uncle spoke snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"Yes?" I spoke trying to suppress my thoughts.

"I said you're still grounded, remember?" He crossed his arms and my face fell.

"Oh please can I go uncle Brian? I-I'll do all your laundry for a month." I pleaded.

"Two months." He pressed.

"A month and a half and I'll bring your suits to the dry cleaner." I looked at him with puppy dog eyes hoping he'd go for it.

"Deal." He said putting out a hand and I shook it satisfied.

"But I don't want you getting too attached to the boys Poppy, they might be handsome but they're all trouble." My uncle said in a warning tone making me scrunch my nose at the thought of my uncle thinking the boys are handsome because god knows that meant that he probably took a special interest in one of them.