18. Good Day Sunshine

"Well would you look at the lovebirds." John cracked making my eyes shoot open to be met with a pool of light washing into the room. I had fallen asleep in George's arms last night and George must've slept as heavily as me because he had also woken up with a jolt.

"John, have you heard of knocking?" George asked with a twinge of irritation on his raspy voice as he released me from his arms. John only smiled admiringly as he stared down at the two of us. I groaned suddenly and dug my head into George's side taking in his scent of sandalwood filled me with a sense of joy.

"What's the matter love?" George asked warmly.

"It's a school day." I groaned into his side. Of course, as soon as I had gotten myself out of trouble I put myself right back into it.

"I've got that taken care of." John spoke casually. I lifted my head and looked at John with narrowed eyes.

"How?" I challenged curiously. His smug expression grew immensely.

"Well the principal called, so I told him you were sick." John shrugged. "I do a great impression of Brian." He smiled satisfied making me groan.

Although how badly I wanted to cringe at the thought of John trying to mimic my uncle, I was just glad I wasn't in trouble.

"Let's get a move on kids, we've got big plans for today." John spoke with a clap of his hands before disappearing from the doorframe. I turned to George who was still lying down looking groggily up at me. I watched as his lips curved upwards slightly at the sight of my face.

"Good morning." He grinned sleepily.

"Good morning." I leaned down to peck him on the lips. The smile across his lips spread as they touched mine, sending a warm feeling through me.

"How are you feeling?" I asked lingering near his face as I stared into his big brown eyes with concern.

"Better with you 'round." He spoke softly tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I meant the cold." I gently grabbed his hand that was still at the side of my head and smiled.

"Ah, it's alright, a lot better than before." He smiled staring into my eyes thoughtfully. We stared at each other for a moment before John came back bursting through the door.

"Alright, alright, up you come then!" He motioned for us to get up annoyedly making us both groan in aggravation.

             _____________________

We soon pulled up to Cynthia's house so that we could meet Maureen and Ringo at a coffee shop on Penny Lane as they had planned. George sat beside me in the backseat leaving the passenger seat vacant for Cynthia.

She came out from her home with a radiant smile and bounce to her step, absolutely glowing at the sight of John. John straightened himself up, fixing his mop top in the mirror hurriedly. It was a cute sight, they looked so happy to see each other.

When Cynthia hopped in she gave John a quick peck and looked back to me and George. John sighed that her focus wasn't necessarily on him and started to pull out of the driveway.

"It's been too long." Cyn looked giddily at me. I nodded in agreement. Before I got a chance to speak again she practically exploded with her words happily.

"How has the relationship been?" She smirked over at George. I turned my head smiling to see George was watching me in a daze with a soft smile taking over his features. When my eyes met his he looked at his lap with a blush in embarrassment.

"I'd say good. They slept together last night." John piped up quickly. I immediately shot him a glare through the rear view mirror.

"I speak but the truth." John said looking back through the rear view mirror as I noticed George had the same narrowed eyes as I had being unimpressed by John.