22. P.S. I Love You

Later that afternoon when we were preparing ourselves to go to the Star Club, I couldn't seem to be able to find an outfit, between all the clothes I packed and my indecisiveness, it was taking way longer than needed.

"How about this one?" I stepped out of the bathroom for the twentieth time doing a turn for my uncle showing off my short navy blue dress and black heels.

"You look absolutely stunning love." He smiled sincerely being yet again supportive of an outfit for what seemed the millionth time this afternoon. I grinned finally contented with the outfit walking back over to my bed to grab my purse.

"If I didn't know any better I'd say you had a date tonight." My uncle examined my lingering grin and proper posture with a grin.

"Me? No," I blurted quickly sounding more defensive than intended.

"Just excited." I grinned anxiously.

My uncle nodded apprehensively before getting up from the wooden chair he'd been sitting on for the past hour watching me try on my whole suitcase.

Some muffled yelling followed by a loud thud of a door slamming came from the boys room just as we were ready to go out the door, leaving my uncle and I to look at each other panic stricken.

We hurried next door to see only three Beatles left in the group, all looking extremely panicked.

"Pete's gone." Paul breathed out speechlessly as he crossed his arms over his chest upset.

"Gone?" My uncle asked baffled.

"He started to argue with John and just, left." George explained, his eyes widening.

Pete had been acting strange all of today after John's little gag, that although seemed routine for the boys may have overstepped Pete's boundaries after just coming to be in Hamburg and being away from home for the first time in awhile. John said nothing, but fell back on the bed he was sitting on upset with the scene that had just gone down.

"W-what do we do?" Paul asked frantically.

"Has Ringo arrived in Hamburg?" I asked quietly, not wanting to draw too much attention my way in the moment.

"What does that have to do-" John started to ask annoyed before having something click together in his brain, immediately making him jump to his feet. He grabbed his jacket and walked over to me, placing a brief kiss on my cheek.

"You're a genius." He smirked at me before walking past my uncle and I to the door.

"Where are you going?" My uncle asked absolutely lost in the series of events.

"To get us a drummer, we'll meet you at the club!" John called back from the corridor jogging away. My uncle turned back completely baffled.

"There's a club to play at, and we have two band members." My uncle muttered to himself helplessly.

I looked back to the two remaining boys whom were as uneasy as we were.

"To the club then?" Paul smiled nervously.

               ___________________

"Where's John?" My uncle groaned rubbing his hands together in the cold outside as him and I awaited John and Ringo to show up to the boys' set, which they were due to do in only ten minutes.

"They'll be here." I shivered underneath my jacket that in retrospect shouldn't have been my first choice to wear in this cold winter air.

He looked at me fearfully causing me to reach out and squeeze his hand gently, trying to reassure him that they'd be here although I wasn't so certain if they would be here myself.