25. Get Back

A week had passed.

Hamburg was one of the craziest experiences I'd had in my entire life and I was having difficulty keeping up with it all.

Paul and I had been on thin ice for awhile, us both afraid to stir up anything between the two of us, the boys were still slightly sad from their departed friend, they were playing seven hours gigs at the Star Club, and George and I were getting more and more serious by the day.

My uncle had been very clear that he wasn't completely fond of the idea of the two of us dating, but he said I was old enough to make my own decisions and do what made me happy. So I decided that being with George was truly when I was my happiest.

"We have to go, we play in an hour." George whispered down to me as I was laying between his legs, the back my head resting on his chest as he sat up against the headboard of the bed as he played with my hair.

"Do you have to go?" I asked with a large frown wanting to stay with him for as long as possible. This was one of the rare moments I actually got alone with George, he was always so busy with the band.

"I'm afraid so." He chuckled making me smile. I sat up and untangled myself from him reluctantly. He stood up from the bed, fixing his hair that he had slightly messed up from laying down. He looked at me admiringly for a moment, making me shift a bit uncomfortably, this kind of attention was very new to me.

His expression contorted slightly, making him looked troubled.

"Poppy, I-" he began anxiously looking nervously at me.

"-Alright, get off of each other you wild animals, I'm coming in." John called before opening the door and entering the room. George and I both gave him unimpressed looks, making him grin wildly.

"Ready to go?" He asked wiggling his eyebrows. George nodded sombrely. I watched the two of them in awe as they began to talk music. George's eyes lit up as they talked, making it clear how much the band really meant to him.

It was evident how much the boys were meant for show business. My uncle had even told me George Martin from EMI and him were chatting about having the boys go down sooner rather than later for their auditions. I knew it was practically inevitable that they would make it into show business on a much higher level, but I was trying to grasp onto these moments with them the best I could while I still had them.

We all prepared ourselves to go to the Star Club in our rooms. My uncle came into the room looking to be in a good mood.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" I inquired raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing." He shrugged with a lazy grin, obviously hiding something. I was about to call him out for it when I heard yelling from the boys' room.

"Where are we going?" John yelled giggling.

"To the top!" The boys answered joyfully.

"Where's that?" John asked.

"To the toppermost of the poppermost!" The boys yelled back laughing.

My uncle and I gave each other a funny look before both laughing along. The walls were absolutely paper thin.

We all soon got out of our rooms and grabbed our taxis down to the club. I realized why Brian was so uptight about me coming, I had seen signs for exotic dancers at other clubs, seen many scary burly biker men looking me up and down hungrily, and I had witnessed many fights in the streets, Hamburg really was, something.

Not to mention how I was underage for the clubs, but since my slip up I hadn't drank any and I had tried stay away from bouncers. George and the rest of the band warned me that George had gotten deported when he was my age because the club had found out he was underage. It frightened me, but I didn't let it stop me from having a good time, if I were going to get deported, I was going to have fun until then.