Chapter 1: 10 Days

⚠️Mentions of Abuse, Slurs, Self Harm ⚠️

Keith's POV:

"Keith wake up! Keith you fucking shit ass son wake up!" My dad screamed at me, sometimes I wish Shiro didn't leave for college so I wouldn't have to deal with our dad.

I'm a normal 15 year old boy with an older brother with a cool birthday Shiro was born on a leap year so he's 5 years old but really 20. I smile at the thought of my brother. "Are you shit up yet!" My dad screamed again. I got up my good mood ruined by a horrid man we call my father, "good finally you did something." My dad said. In all honesty he wanted me to disappear and that was the one thing he wished more. He never hated my brother but since I'm the lesser one I deal with his bull.

I sometimes wish I could join mom in heaven.. but we all know I'm not going to end up in heaven for all the stuff I've done in my short life. Changing into black skinny jeans, red converse, a red shirt, and putting my headphones on my neck. I hate school it's not any better than being home.

"bye dad!" I say leaving the house hoping I'd get a love you or some shit like that back.

It's not a very nice house 3 bedroom 2 bathroom that is falling apart. We work with it though. Mom loved the house and she put so much love in it and after she died we couldn't let ourselves take care of it since it hurt so badly.

I put my headphones on my ears and play Youth by Daughter, and have Who Knew by Pink on next, and more songs. I hate school but it's the only place I can go without my dad being there.

I walk through the doors of the high school, I put my headphones in my bag and listen to the insults and slurs thrown at me. "Worthless!" "Kill Yourself" and stuff like that, maybe I'll take that as a option. A kid slammed me into a locker then walked away so I ignored the pain in my back.

I walk to my locker and put my bag in it and then head to first period, it's gym class. I'm counting down the days until Shiro and his girlfriend Allura are going to move me in with them. I will be moving schools but nobody would care. A gang in the school called Galra would beat me up and bully me almost everyday here.

10 more days until school ends, 10 more days until I'm moving, 10 more days until My dad wouldn't be able to get to me. I'll be a free man, and maybe I'll be fine.. really actually fine instead of the shell of the person I used to be.