Chapter 3: School

⚠️ Mentions of Self Harm ⚠️

Timeskip end of summer:

Summer has ended and Allura and Shiro have started taking classes. So I'm basically home alone for the next two weeks. It's kindof fun but I have to have a camera on me so Shiro can check on me.

School started this week, First day is today. I walk out of the house in black pants, black black army boots, a red teeshirt, a black hoodie, and a red beanie. I carry my bag to the bus stop.

Lance's POV:

A new kid is at the bus stop, Pidge and Hunk are talking to me I told them about my 7 siblings and only 10 pieces of bacon. "Who's he?" I ask them. "His names Keith he's Shiro's little brother, Matt told me when He just moved in with Shiro." Pidge said. "I heard a rumor that he was hospitalized for a suicide attempt" Hunk said.

I look over at him, it's hot outside and he's in a hoodie and jeans. The bus pulls up I get on with Pidge and Hunk. Keith follows, He sits alone. Shay gets on after us, lots of different people get on and talk in their friend groups.

When we arrived at school I walk the halls with Pidge and Hunk to our lockers, C201, C198, and C185. I saw Keith have locker number C202 last one on the row and next to mine.

"Hi!" I say around my locker. "Hello" he says in a unsure voice. I hear mumbling of people. "I heard he's suicidal" "I heard his dad beat him" all you could hear was 'I Heard' "I'm Lance nice to meet you!" "Keith" he said.

Keith's POV:

"Hi!" They kid next to me said he's on my bus, "hello" I reply back to him. I hear people talking about me but I really don't care. "I'm Lance nice to meet you!" He told me, "Keith" is all I said, I then walked away.

So his names Lance. I walk to my first period class which is math. "Good morning." I mumble to the teacher. He told us since it's the first day we are going to introduce ourselves. He pointed to a boy with red and black hair "I'm Karma Chaos, I'm 15 and 5 months 12 days, my favorite food is buffalo wings, I have 2 sisters" everyone introduces themselves and then it was my turn. "Keith, 15, I live with my older brother Shiro" I kept it short.

When school ended I decided I wanted to walk to the beach. I didn't go on the bus and my phone was in my backpack. I walk down a street, a allay was right next me. I see the beach so I speed up. I feel like someone is watching me. I finally reach the beach, its early fall so the water is getting colder. Today was a extremely warm day it was 87 degrees.

It's getting late, so I decided to walk home. "I'm home" I say walking into the house. "Where the hell were you!" Shiro yelled. "Beach" I say. "Why didn't you tell us! We were worried!" Allura said. "Maybe because I'm not used to people giving a damn about me! After Shiro went to college I was living with a abusive dad!" I snapped. I threw my bag down and ran and ran.

Shiro's POV:

"Maybe because I'm not used to people giving a damn about me! After Shiro went to college I was living with a abusive dad!" Keith snapped at us, I ran after him. He was running really fast. I finally caught up to him and grabbed his arm. He started crying into my chest. "It's ok!" I sad. I put Keith on my back and carried him home. Allura and I put him to bed.

Allura was in the kitchen and I was on the couch. I remember when Keith was sent to the hospital.

It was a Monday, 10 days before he'd move in with me and 10 days before school ended. I got a call from Keith. He mumbled something about being dizzy and I then heard him drop the phone and drop to the floor. I screamed his name over and over on the phone but no reply. I could hear our father calling him names. I called 911, I found out he passed out in the bathroom from blood loss. He was bleeding from his head where he hit the ground and bleeding on the other side from glass shards. His wrist was slit up.

He was taken to the hospital for a few hours before waking up, he stayed 5 days in the hospital on suicide watch.