Medusa and the Blind Boy

Oh boy let me tell you, I hated every minute I drew this stupid thing but I also didn't hate drawing it

That hand is shit but that boys hair be on fleek.

In the end all well.

SunriseShine88

This is another contest entry.

There might be another after this, I'm not sure.

All well.

Here's the story with it.

Rumors.

Rumors are that killed more than anything else.

More than any monster or man combined, rumors were the lifeblood of some and the bane of others.

For the Gordon Victoria, rumors were worse than the mobs that ale for her in mobs and hords.

She was a simple Gordon, all she wanted was some love and maybe a few of her favorite statues. Not the ones that look like they're trying to jump out of the stone and sack her.

Victoria sighed, her long topaz yellow tail waved behind her in a slow pattern, it was one long muscle stronger than any other in her entire body, strong enough to splinter a great oak to pieces.

She was moving along her territory, unsure as to why she insisted on keeping  any territory at all, humans kept pushing her back in droves so they could expand, so she had to expand her land to keep herself fed.

Victoria didn't want to fight humans, she was a fairly passive Gordon. But all of the humans she's been around, they call her Medusa. She shivered, Gordon's were given a bad rap because of that stone eyes girl. And she wasn't even that bad, she ate deer and the occasional boar that wandered in, but she left human villages alone.

But if they came after her, she wasn't afraid to rip their little head right off their small and pathetic bodies.

Humans were such flawed creatures that the gods above cursed upon the world to make it interesting for themselves. Casting horror along fellow creatures of 'inhuman' nature.

Who was Victoria to question the works of the gods? If she was to be struck down, then let it happen. She was bitter.

Not a single human cared.

Not a single one man, woman or child wished to listen to a word she'd say. Telling lies that she could control them with her mind, which she couldn't, that would be awesome though.

There was a new heartbeat.

Beating fast as if it was a rabbit, or a larger creature in flight. She followed the noise, moving silently between trees and over logs with masterful weaving of her tail.

And there was a man, stuck in the briars of a bush, he flailed blindly as he tried to untangle himself.

Victoria sighed, her heart ached for this stupid creature. So easily caught in briars with primarily clothing. Sad really. Wrapping her tail around the man's torso she lifted him out of the briars, pulling him out and closer to herself.

The man made a soft telling noise but allowed himself to be dragged out, the closer he got the more she realized he must've been blind. Nobody's eyes could've be that white without being blind.

That's why he got stuck, he was taking a walk and unknowingly walked off the path. How stupid this little blind human was, walking alone in the dead of the night. Now should she help him and his stupid little chubby face, or she she just eat him whole and leave it at that.

But If he didn't return she would be blamed for the death of him, even if she let him go and he got lost.

She sighed, as he tilted his head side to side trying to listen. Maybe she could keep him? Like a pet of sorts, keep him close and quiet and maybe he could advocate for her.

He looked in the direction of her face, "You're the creature aren't you?" He asked, Victoria couldn't help the little flutter in her chest by not being called a monster.

"Yes," Victoria said giving him a little squeeze with her tail, he squeaked lightly. "What are you doing on my land?" She asked trying to sound as formal as possible, human interaction was something she wasn't good at.

The man looked down, or at least tilted his head down, "Looking for you," he said, "You smell like any person, just with a little difference." He said, "You can't be that bad could you?" He asked her.

Victoria was taken aback, for someone to act like they were saved by her? That was something she hadn't heard before, much less they actually came to see her on their own will and not some bet, or another. Or to kill her, that was a popular one.

"Unless you didn't want me." He said again, a sigh on the underwind of his words, "Then I won't bother you, I think I can find my way back." He said tilting his head back up.

Victoria weighed her choices, maybe she could find use for him. That, that and she was incredibly lonely. The thought of company made her heart jump, she gently reached out lifted his chin so she could see his eyes better.

Such a pretty white they were, so different than the browns and greens she was used to. She found herself staring with the smallest smile on her lips.

"Miss?" He asked tilting his head a bit.

"Victoria." She said, hoping he heard the underlying message.

He did. "Daniel," he said with a smile of his own. Silent words were conveyed through glances, and he wasn't turned to stone like all of the others that littered garden.

-------

it's still the 15 here.

Caoi