Sad Trash

Kurt Lucifer Wagner let the sword weigh heavy in his hand, letting the cold air rippled through his clothes and the wings on his back. He let those molten gold eyes glare at him with such intensity he was afraid he would burst into flame.

Katze. His precious little girl, was staring at him with more hate than words could express. Her wings burning so ferociously he could feel blisters boiling to life on his skin.

She was his pride a joy, he had a son too, but the boy was strange, different, a follower not a leader. But Katze, good god Katze. She had done more than he would have ever imagined she would.

But she had also suffered so much more than he ever wished upon her.

That precious little Katze he lost so long ago, that sweet little girl who hated to be wrong was gone. All that she was now was the Phoenix, the one which enough power the engulf all in flames.

And he was going to prove a point, by showing her that she was more than her title. She wasn't useless, a mascot, she was the Phoenix she earned that name through blood sweat and lies.

And he couldn't be prouder of her.

"Are you ready little bird?" Kurt asked adjusting his hold on his sword, he was undefeated with a blade. But he knew that his greatest strength would soon become hers.

"Are you ready old man?" Katze replied holding her sword in a rather clumsy manner, she had improved in the last five minutes, but she would fall easily to many others.

Kurt couldn't help but tighten the grip on his sword, the words that rolled off her tongue sounded wrong. She was angry, and her words showed that, there was no affection in her voice. Just unadulterated hate.

Katze was never one to hate without reason, never one to get riled up unless she was on her last straw. And she was birth, all because he was back.

Kurt swallowed his doubt and went in first, hiring his blade against hers harshly, she would know if he was holding back. And he couldn't afford to look weak, if he wanted a chance of surviving he needed to stand tall.

As expected Katze lost her grip on her blade and dropped it, but she never flinched nor faltered. She dropped to the ground, Kurts overhead swipe missed her by a mile as she picked her sword up.

Kurt barely managed to move out of the way we Katze made an arc at his ankles, she was a fast learner. He knew that, the more she watched him the better she would get. The more scars added to her body the smarter she would become.

And they spared for hours until they were both bloody and beaten, cuts scattered their entire bodies. Kurt couldn't keep up anymore while Katze burned with hatred just as bright as before. He had to switch tactics now.

"How does it feel?" Kurt asked, sidestepping her stab, "To be fighting the man you shot in the head?" He asked.

Katze growled blocking his sword, sending sparks flying, "How does it feel the be a bastard of a man?" She asked throwing upwards and coming down on a smooth oval arc.

Kurt stepped on the blade, but was nearly thrown off when she pulled it up, "You would know wouldn't you MacBeth." He hissed, sweeping for her neck.

The blade nicked Katze's neck with she quickly hit the butt of his sword with her elbow and twirled around him with dancers grace, she kicked the small of his back sending him stumbling forwards. "Don't you dare call me that." She growled twirling the blade in her hand.

Kurt turned and jumped back a few steps, she was getting better, even now. "For someone who wanted to know so much about your parents, you're very eager to sweep the fact that you killed thousands of your blood, children, all in a move for power."

Katze growled, her wings flared, "You have no room to talk!" She roared slashing at his wrist, her attack was deflected and she rolled back to avoid being crushed. "You let them take me!"

"Why would I keep a child away from her family?" Kurt asked, stepping to the side and driving the point of his blade towards her heart.

That was the final straw, before Kurt could process what had happened the sword was knocked from his grip and he was sent flying, his head cracked on a rock and his vision went blurry, Katze's sword landed inches from his head before she appeared. Standing above him like an angel of destruction.

His angel of destruction.

"I thought you were my family." Katze spat pulling her sword out of the ground, "And you gave me away to a maniac, a man who claimed to be my father." She said as golden tears pricked her eyes.

Kurt looked up at both of them, as the swirled and danced in his vision, he was tired. Hours and hours of relentless pounding and heart clenching fear finally caught up to him.

"Katze." He said softly, unable to move his body, unable to find a way to explain it all to her.

"You left me to die!" Katze screamed lifting her sword up and plunging it through Kurts heat.

Kurt froze as pain filled him. Molten gold dripped onto his face from Katze's eyes, and he reached up and brushed them away.

"I'm sorry baby girl." Kurt said softly, his own tears falling out of his eye, "I didn't want you to get hurt."

Katze looked at him with a face of anguish.

"I hope you burn in the place where you call Hell." She said pulling the sword out of his chest.