Let The Battle Commence

~~~<(Hinata)>~~~

Hinata decided to train throughout the month even though she was not in the exams because she was not participating. She did not want to hold her team mates back by slacking off. Hinata stood atop of a river as the waterfall above her rained down water on her. Hinata was wearing purple sweatpants cut at the knees with flower designs stitched into them for pants. For a top, she wore special black medic tape that covered her bare chest.

Hinata stood calmly under the water as her dark purple chakra flowed around her, unlike Naruto's chakra that flails erratically unable to be tamed like wind or Sasuke's that whips around like a freshly lit fire when they manifest theirs, Hinata's chakra was calm and even like water.

Hinata was in her classic Flowing Juken stance. Hinata stood with her feet shoulder width apart. Hinata's arms were stretched out thirteen inches in front of her, both of her palms were facing in front of her as she took a deep breath in. Hinata closed her eyes as she started.

Hinata began to move her arm about, around her. she slowly increased speed as she started doing acrobatic flips while defeating fake enemies. Hinata gathered the correct amount of chakra into her body before her eyes shot open. Hinata pushed her arms out and shot a blast of chakra into the air before retracting her arms with her palms still facing outwards. Hinata's chakra flowed back towards her pulling water from the air and all the other water sources.

Hinata shot her hands out with a grunt as if some force of nature was trying to keep her arms as they were. Hinata's chakra formed a lion made of water as it charged a giant boulder in front of her. The lion crashed into the boulder and the giant rock was no more as the force of the rushing water withered it down to nothing but a pebble.

Hinata let out an exasperated sigh as she hunched over and grabbed her knees for support gasping for air. Hinata had been practicing that Jutsu for weeks and now she finally perfected it. ' I'd hate to see its effect on the human body,' Hinata thought with a shudder. Hinata instantly replaced her previous feelings with pride and a sense of accomplishment.

~~~<(Sasuke)>~~~

Sasuke panted slightly as he hunched over breathing hard as he glared at Kakashi who just watched him with aloof.

" Again Sasuke, If you want to beat Gaara you have to master this technique, you built your speed to the appropriate level and now you need to be able to fuel that attack, don't control it Sasuke, embrace it," Kakashi said coldly, repeating the phrase that his sensei had one told him, to the boy who stood up and nodded with renewed courage.

Sasuke stood straight as he calmed his breath and even out his heart rate with a breathing technique that his brother figure had taught him to use to put yourself at ease. ' In, pause, out, pause, in, out, in, pause, out pause,' Sasuke thought as he mimicked his thoughts. 

Kakashi watched the boy with mixed feeling. Kakashi was proud but at the same time, he felt guilty. Kakashi was proud to know that his team was one of the best teams Konoha had ever produced, but he felt guilty because he did almost nothing to help their growth except teaching them elemental jutsu and a few other things. ' I guess that's better than nothing,' Kakashi thought absentmindedly. 

Kakashi watched as Sasuke stood for a second before he was surrounded by a cloak of chakra. Kakashi looked wide eyed at the scene. ' To be able to manifest a cloak of chakra so potent at such a young age, and to think that they're all close to the same level, these kids will be legends,'  Kakashi thought as he watched Sasuke stand unlovingly with the exception of the movement of his chest.