EIM PART 1- Chapter 1: First Shift

I woke up from a deep sleep with a pain that was so horrible. What's going on? I questioned myself. "MOMMY," I try to scream as loud as I can. Suddenly, my bedroom door burst open, I looked over and saw shards of wood splinters flying everywhere, but I could barely focus as another wave of pain struck. The feeling of my bones snapping is all I focus on. It is as if I am falling down a mountain, and each time I land on something, my body folds and snaps. I look into my mummy's eyes, thinking this is it, I'm going to die.

My dad picks me up gently and quickly as he brings me to our basement, where my pink playroom is. Shouldn't I be going to the pack doctor? "Daddy, what are you doing," I ask weakly. " It's okay, sweetheart daddies, got you, you're going to be okay. We're about to meet your wolf." He said in a comforting voice.

He brushes my light brown hair out of my face. I scream once again, and this wave is the worst. I hear and feel the rest of my bones crack and shift into their new positions. Hair starts coming out of my skin. The pain makes me feel like I am going to puke. I start to feel tired and slowly let my eyes close to take me to dreamland.

I wake up in my playroom and see mommy looking very worried and pacing back and forth on my pink fluffy carpet. Daddy is walking back and forth to, and they are both looking at the ground. I want to tell them about my scary dream, but before I start, they were mumbling something I couldn't really make out. "She can't she's only six, Mia won't be able to survive." Then dad mumbles. I can't hear him, though. "What if they don't accept her she is way too young." Mommies say worried. "We don't have a choice. This will cause wars." This made me panic, I was going to ask what's going on, but to my surprise, it comes out as a weak howl and a yipping sound a puppy would make. I look down and realize I wasn't having a nightmare it really did happen. I am a wolf. I looked up at my parents, and they stopped pacing and stared at me quietly.

When I try to get their attention because all I am feeling is a build-up of fear, but it sounds more like a puppy is getting hurt bad. Mommy and Daddy come to me and start petting me, looking into my green eyes, worried. "It's ok, Hunny. Everything is going to be fine. You shifted early, but don't worry, Mommy and Daddy will take care of everything." Mommy said softly. Then daddy said I'm very special and he says my fur is white and silver, he loves me so much. He cries but looks so happy while still petting me. Oddly enough, it helps me calm down.

Daddy left me with my mom, and I can tell something was going on when he returned shortly after. Mommy is still petting me, laying down on the fluffy carpet, and placed my fold-out pink sofa for me to lay down on. I rest my head on her leg that is covered by her soft pink nightgown and slowly fall back asleep as I hear my daddy whisper.

"They're only an hour away. We can still keep a close eye on her, and no one will know."What will the pack think when they notice she isn't at school or home?" Mommy whispers back. " We will tell him we were walking in the woods, and a few rogues attacked us and took her. They won't find her sent in wolf form. She too young they won't even be looking for her wolf sent they won't recognize it because they haven't smelled it yet and assume its rouge."

The next morning, I'm awake but by two other wolf pups who like to play. They are so cute. I wish I could pet them. I think my wolf likes them too because she wants to play with them. Trusting her, I let my wolf have fun. As I play with the other wolves, their mommy makes them come back and makes me go to buy, guiding us where she wants us to go with her snout. we take the hint and follow. As we start walking, I realize I am all alone. Sadness is all that I feel, and I want my mommy and daddy. What is going on where are they.

I smell and look around but I can't find my parents. This isn't fair what's going on. I'm so scared I can't find them. I try to get away when a big wolf blocks my way, I try to cross, but he pushes me back with his large nose. Again, I try, but he bites my neck and pushes me down. I just lay there. I can't win he is too big, so I submit. All I wanted was my mommy.

The mommy wolf comes back after leaving her pups in a big open cave surrounded by bushes and trees. She rubs against the big daddy wolf and he lets me go, I look around for a way out but before I can escape the mama wolf bites my neck, but it doesn't hurt when she does it. I give up and curl into myself while she brings me in the cave with her pups. They all start eating and I'm starving so I join. It looks disgusting, but my wolf wants it bad, so I move to the back of my mind and let her take over. The alpha didn't look too pleased that I was eating with them. I was just so hungry it was better when I ate away from the pack. It was like I was unwanted. Nobody wants me around. Not even my own parents.

When we were done eating, the mama wolf moved us to a lone dark corner of the cave and started falling asleep. To my surprise, the pups follow and cuddle her. When I went to follow, the alpha growled and pushed me away with his snout. I took the hint and found myself a spot not too far away. The pups looked confused. They left their mommy's side and came to lay down next to me. The bigger pup pushed me so I was on my side and he was tucked under my tummy then the smaller pup came and rested his head on my ribs with his belly on my back we were all nice and warm. It was so comfy that I fell asleep in no time.