Chapter 8

Unedited

➖➖➖🐺➖➖➖

Telling Kaden what the Moon Goddess had told me, was essentially the same as signing away all hope I had of being able to keep my freedom.

He went quiet for a long time, his breakfast lay half finished on the counter in front of him as he stared off into space for god knows how long.

He makes me nervous when he does that, when he doesn't move; when he doesn't speak. I get a dreadful feeling that tugs in the bottom of my stomach that he's scheming in his mind, thinking of any possible way he can solve a problem which won't exactly include my opinion on the matter.

I was right. He looked at me with eyes that held so much terror, an emotion that I thought was foreign to him, that I found myself holding his crumbling face in my tiny hands like it would keep it together. Like they would keep him together.

But then his terror was replaced with a plan, a plan that I knew didn't involve my feeling or opinions, and he stalked from the table without giving me so much as a sentence as to where he was going. He even locked me in the house so I couldn't chase him, because I don't have a key and the windows are too high up for me to unlock and climb out.

"Why didn't you break the door or smash a window" I hear you asking. "Why didn't you use your werewolf strength to force your way out."

What's the point? I don't know my way around this pack, Kaden took the car so I'd be walking to wherever, and the fact I can't shift into Shiva effectively makes me a sitting duck for any attacker. I mean, I know I'm a kick ass fighter, but what's a fist in comparison to a haw full of razor sharp teeth?

He wasn't gone one long however, and he returned to the house about half an hour ago with a bunch of beautiful African women, who have been chanting none stop since they arrived.

I can tell they're witches just by looking at them. Not because they're wearing black hats or have long crooked noses with warts on, (although one of them looks like she's been recently involved in a punch up) but because they're wearing a lot of talismans, beaded bracelets, and have that hippy vibe about them.

Oh did I mention they're all missing the whites of their eyes. Even from the window seat in my room I can tell that their eyes are completely black, whether that's because they're conducting a spell or whatever.

But yeah, Kaden definitely came back with a group of badass looking witches.

It did make me a little bit jealous, seeing Kaden stood outside in a pair of low hanging sweatpants and a tight t-shirt having hushed conversations with beautiful women, but I put it down to the mate bond. I don't think he knows that I can hear them, despite their voices being low. They're talking about cloaking the house, whatever that means.

Unless that's code for a booty call, I trust he isn't flirting, so he can talk to whoever he wants to. Not that I could stop him anyway.

When they finish, Kaden pays then with a small vial of dark red liquid, and they bow to him before flying away on their broomsticks.

Jokes, they all piled into a land rover and drove off in the vague direction of the pack house.

"Lola." I hear him call after the click of the lock goes on the door downstairs. I continue to look outside, not giving him the satisfaction of jumping up to be near him. "Lola, please."